Difficult choice

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Fellow LV Collectors I'm hoping you can help me with a difficult decision. My husband is buying me a bag for my birthday ( it was yesterday), but I can't decide between the Speedy 30 in damier ebene OR the Sully MM. I know they are completely different bags, but which should I get first? I will likely get the other choice this Spring/Summer.

I don't care for the Speedy b, personally. TIA for your comments and help with my decision!

P.S. I plan on using this as an everyday bag. I work from home so I don't need any particular style of bag.

Last edited:

emms2381

Nov 1, 2011
Leicester UK
Hahahah forgive me but I am having a similar dilemma, I was told to ask yourself what would fit into your lifestyle - i.e speedy is an handheld..

HTH

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Hahahah forgive me but I am having a similar dilemma, I was told to ask yourself what would fit into your lifestyle - i.e speedy is an handheld..

HTH
Good advice, but both fit in with my lifestyle. My children are older and I work from home. My style is classic but fun.

LVMom07

Sep 16, 2013
Sully would be nice to just throw over your shoulder . DE is more carefree for rainy days . Do you want a monogram bag more or a Damier ?

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
I work from home, so I don't need a particular style of bag. I was hoping some of you who have one, or both of these bags could offer some input/advice sharing what you love or don't care for about these two distinctly different choices. Thanks!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Sully would be nice to just throw over your shoulder . DE is more carefree for rainy days . Do you want a monogram bag more or a Damier ?
I don't have a preference as to whether I get a monogram or damier ebene bag right now. I love both and the Sully has very little vachetta to worry about since that's my main reason for steering away from mono. I had the Palermo p.m., and while it was a pretty bag when it was brand new, it didn't look as nice after carrying it for a short time, and I am Not hard on my bags!

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
I don't have a preference as to whether I get a monogram or damier ebene bag right now. I love both and the Sully has very little vachetta to worry about since that's my main reason for steering away from mono. I had the Palermo p.m., and while it was a pretty bag when it was brand new, it didn't look as nice after carrying it for a short time, and I am Not hard on my bags!

RockyC721

Sep 29, 2014
^ agree. D.E. Speedy , classic and elegant bag that goes with everything. Plus the D.E. Makes it very carefree, and will still look beautiful for years to come.

MCAddict

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I would go with the speedy. I have many speedy's and a sully, and I just don't really love the sully anymore. I find that it slouches weird, and the zipper is really hard to open and close. The really thick leather strap also isn't the most comfortable.

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
Wheeling, WV
Thanks, everyone! I went with the Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and am completely confident in my choice. It is a gorgeous bag and I can't wait to start carrying it! The advice/input from members on this site is extremely helpful. It's always nice to have feedback from others who also appreciate and understand the need for quality pieces and a little everyday luxury.

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
Deep In The Heart of TX
Thanks, everyone! I went with the Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and am completely confident in my choice. It is a gorgeous bag and I can't wait to start carrying it! The advice/input from members on this site is extremely helpful. It's always nice to have feedback from others who also appreciate and understand the need for quality pieces and a little everyday luxury.
Big congrats on your decision. Sorry I couldn't chime in as I don't own either handbag. I think you're going to be really happy with your choice! :yes: