Difficult buyer

I think the good news, in situations like this, is that a buyer is very unlikely to intentionally damage an item they want to keep - so, if you ask for pics before offering a partial refund, any damage shown in them will be likely to be real and not manufactured (unless via Photoshop!).

So, if you prefer to offer a partial refund, it may turn out to be a safer option than a return for a full refund; especially in the case of sellers who don't offer returns for any reason.

Buyers damaging an item on purpose is rare, but it does happen occasionally and pretty much exclusively to sellers who don't offer refunds for any reason.

That was my fear - that she would damage the bag or send bag a different bag. That would be difficult since it i Chanel and has auth. card/sticker.

She filed the dispute with ebay. Hopefully, since paypal did the partial refund for the amount she requested, ebay will close the case. Since the buyer has not responded I am going to call ebay today.

This has been such a stressful experience that I think I will go back to using my consignment person!

Thank you all for the support!

I wish there were a place that sellers could post their feedback!

I feel very badly for the OP, and the situation in which you find yourself.

I do want to say one thing, as a person who has done much more buying than selling in general - there are as many bad sellers as there are bad buyers. I don't know HOW many items I have bought that have claimed to be in great condition, minimally used, etc. and then the hardware is scratched and flaking and the leather is scuffed and worn and the bag is DIRTY and I would NEVER in my life list the bag myself as being in "great condition" in those instances. When I get frustrated and message the seller, the usual response is that I am buying a "preowned" item, and my expectations were too high! I have owned many things that I was very careful with or used very little... if the item is truly in great condition, then that is the only time it should be listed that way! When I do list items myself, I am careful to both describe and take pictures of any and every issue I see with the item. I bought a handbag recently that was NWT, and the seller did not mention that there were big streaks in the finish of the bag. They said that they bought the item NWT in that condition,and that I should use an "eraser" to remove the discolorations!!

So, I just want to mention, that it's not whether the person is a seller or buyer, but whether the person themselves are honest or not. There are nasty people in both camps - and in my opinion, I have needed those buyer protection policies to help in these really frustrating circumstances. I have also been on the other side, talking with ebay for over 10 hours to get rid of a negative feedback left after the buyer didn't pay for an item and left an acimonious statement about my selling "fakes." So I understand that frustration as well, and just want to remind people tnat it's not about "buyers" and "sellers" but about just being honest and decent people, which seems to be more of an issue than one would hope for. I have to admit that I sincerely hope that certain buyers and sellers on ebay get smitten with a hefty dose of karma!! :P

I do want to say one thing, as a person who has done much more buying than selling in general - there are as many bad sellers as there are bad buyers. I don't know HOW many items I have bought that have claimed to be in great condition, minimally used, etc. and then the hardware is scratched and flaking and the leather is scuffed and worn and the bag is DIRTY and I would NEVER in my life list the bag myself as being in "great condition" in those instances. When I get frustrated and message the seller, the usual response is that I am buying a "preowned" item, and my expectations were too high! I have owned many things that I was very careful with or used very little... if the item is truly in great condition, then that is the only time it should be listed that way! When I do list items myself, I am careful to both describe and take pictures of any and every issue I see with the item. I bought a handbag recently that was NWT, and the seller did not mention that there were big streaks in the finish of the bag. They said that they bought the item NWT in that condition,and that I should use an "eraser" to remove the discolorations!!

So, I just want to mention, that it's not whether the person is a seller or buyer, but whether the person themselves are honest or not. There are nasty people in both camps - and in my opinion, I have needed those buyer protection policies to help in these really frustrating circumstances. I have also been on the other side, talking with ebay for over 10 hours to get rid of a negative feedback left after the buyer didn't pay for an item and left an acimonious statement about my selling "fakes." So I understand that frustration as well, and just want to remind people tnat it's not about "buyers" and "sellers" but about just being honest and decent people, which seems to be more of an issue than one would hope for. I have to admit that I sincerely hope that certain buyers and sellers on ebay get smitten with a hefty dose of karma!! :P

:goodpost:

Linda

:goodpost:

Couldn't agree more.

I agree that there can be sellers that take advantage too. The difference is that the buyer has all of the power on ebay. They are fully supported whereas the sellers are not.

I have found Bonanzle to be much more friendly.

^ Yes, I'm afraid so - presumably, in an attempt to keep buyers (and therefore, also, sellers) on eBay?

Yes, the fact that they are often tPFers is certainly better than if they weren't - although, there have been quite a few tPF members who are also scammers, of course. :sad:

'

Thank you! I did the control PrntScn and it worked!

I have told the buyer that she should just return it and that I would not do a partial refund.

Ebay is really getting out of control with its buyer protection and complete disregard for sellers!

Yes, I would agree. I feel like I am having to go to extremes nowdays.... I don't mind going above and beyond, but how about protecting ME, the seller, from IDIOTS?!

I agree that there can be sellers that take advantage too. The difference is that the buyer has all of the power on ebay. They are fully supported whereas the sellers are not.

I have found Bonanzle to be much more friendly.

It's a big misconception that buyers have the disadvantage on eBay. The sellers are truly at the mercy of the buyers, especially with EBay's new buyer protection policy.

So, paypal refunded the buyer (2009.eva) and she has still not responded nor closed the case. But, she has listed the bag for $890 more than what she ended up paying for it. And, does not mention any defect that she claimed the bag had! What recourse do I have?

Here is a link to her auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/new100-auth-CHA...emQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item2eaadb4eb5

Call Ebay and tell them your buyer has requested a partial refund for a supposed flaw and is now selling the same bag without mention of any flaws. Talk to a supervisor if needs be. Hopefully they'll close the case.

As far as your Paypal refund you have already given her, see if you can reverse it. You'd have to call Paypal about it, I imagine. Though I am afraid you'll have to kiss it good bye.

p-WA