Difficult buyer

Jul 8, 2007
I sold a brand new Chanel patent jumbo (retails for about $3200 and I sold it for $2700) and now the buyer is claiming that it has a rip on the leather on the chain. I have offered a refund but she keeps pushing wanting money back for a coupon she had and now wants me to give her $300 back so she can sell it on ebay. How can a seller protect herself from buyers like this?

This week is also crazy for me as I teach and it is the first week of classes with our offices flooded and dealing with her continual emails is difficult because I don't have a computer during the day.

Any suggestions?

Here is a link for the auction:

xxxxxxx
members are never allowed to post their eBay ID or auctions here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Well, she can't demand a portion of the money back, so I think you are safe. If she files with Paypal, she will either have to return it for a full refund or she will have to keep it. You are not at all obligated to giver her a partial refund.
She might give you negative feedback, but to be honest, it sounds like she is just fishing for money. A lot of sellers refuse to do partial refunds and only accept returns for full refunds or nothing at all.

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
Advise her that you do not offer partial refunds, but you will accept a return of undamaged merchandise for refund (less original shipping). If she wants to continue to fight about a partial refund, tell her to file a dispute w/ ebay.

Last edited:

Lushbaby

Jul 14, 2006
ITA with Ellie. Make sure you have a copy of your listing (screen capture it) and only speak with her through the Ebay messaging system so you'll have proof of what's been said.

Jul 8, 2007
I am sorry for posting the listing. I thought the pics would help to show that the bag is new.

I think you are right in that she is trying to get more money off. Her ratings are very good on ebay so I did not expect this.

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
if you have an apple its command + control + 3

it will appear on your desktop

if you have windows there should be a print screen button on the right hand side, above the left, right, up, down arrow..theres six buttons..its one of those i believe

g'luck!

i'm sorry your buyer is trying to get even more $$ off :sad:

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
^ I think you normally have to hold down fn and then hold down prt sc, at the same time, don't you?
for windows? no idea :P its just what someone told me when i didn't know how to screencapture. i've only done it on macs because i haven't owned a window operating system since my last pc gave me the blue screen of death three times in a row..

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
I use a free program called MWSnap for screen shots. Or sometimes, I print to PDF, then convert to JPG in photoshop. Depending upon the size of what I need to save.

Jul 8, 2007
Thank you! I did the control PrntScn and it worked!

I have told the buyer that she should just return it and that I would not do a partial refund.

Ebay is really getting out of control with its buyer protection and complete disregard for sellers!

Apr 15, 2007
Thank you! I did the control PrntScn and it worked!

I have told the buyer that she should just return it and that I would not do a partial refund.

Ebay is really getting out of control with its buyer protection and complete disregard for sellers!

Agree that you should not do a partial refund.. and inspect the

bag very very carefully before you issue the refund..