different things about the 2006 paddington bag

fayden

latest obsession :
O.G.
Nov 18, 2005
so i compared them, my burgundy and anthracite. for one the the lock on the anthracite is much lighter. it feels like it might even be hollow. it's 50 precent brass and 50 percent zamac (alloy of zinc).

the handle on the anthracite has an extra tube that follows thru to the hardware attached.

the inside zipper pocket is silver, not the same beige color as the lining.

the ykk zipper is on the sides not the back end.

so all in all, the good thing is the bag is now much lighter! :lol:

if you guys want to see pics of all this, let me know...

fayden said:
so i compared them, my burgundy and anthracite. for one the the lock on the anthracite is much lighter. it feels like it might even be hollow. it's 50 precent brass and 50 percent zamac (alloy of zinc).

the handle on the anthracite has an extra tube that follows thru to the hardware attached.

the inside zipper pocket is silver, not the same beige color as the lining.

the ykk zipper is on the sides not the back end.

so all in all, the good thing is the bag is now much lighter! :lol:

if you guys want to see pics of all this, let me know...

I would like to know and see...I wonder if the chocolate lizard is the new version? Thanks for sharing Fayden:love:

I was really into the Balenciaga bags (have quite a few), then started looking at the Chloe bags (I really liked the Silverado Tote that Jessica & Ashlee Simpson were carrying around). Well, my impatience got the best of me one day ... I had a brain fart ... and ended up buying the medium-sized Grenat (Wine color) Paddington bag. I HATE IT!!! I had it on my shoulder for 1 stinkin' hour ... and had to take an Advil! Holy crap ... that thing is heavy. I finally did get my Silverado Tote (same color as Ashlee's) ... the Paddington is going up on eBay as soon as I get pictures together. Can't say that I'm crazy about this bag, but that's interesting that they've made the padlock a lot lighter. Bet they got more than a few complaints!

CeeJay said:
I was really into the Balenciaga bags (have quite a few), then started looking at the Chloe bags (I really liked the Silverado Tote that Jessica & Ashlee Simpson were carrying around). Well, my impatience got the best of me one day ... I had a brain fart ... and ended up buying the medium-sized Grenat (Wine color) Paddington bag. I HATE IT!!! I had it on my shoulder for 1 stinkin' hour ... and had to take an Advil! Holy crap ... that thing is heavy. I finally did get my Silverado Tote (same color as Ashlee's) ... the Paddington is going up on eBay as soon as I get pictures together. Can't say that I'm crazy about this bag, but that's interesting that they've made the padlock a lot lighter. Bet they got more than a few complaints!

I happen to like the wieght of the older bag. It's part of the reason I love the paddington so much....weird eh? It's a shame that you hate one of the most sought after colors of the paddington, I am sure somebody will buy it if you sell it. I have the same one as alot of us do here at the forum.... your the first to "hate" it. It's too bad.:sad:

star3777 said:
I happen to like the wieght of the older bag. It's part of the reason I love the paddington so much....weird eh? It's a shame that you hate one of the most sought after colors of the paddington, I am sure somebody will buy it if you sell it. I have the same one as alot of us do here at the forum.... your the first to "hate" it. It's too bad.:sad:

Really, Star? The Grenat is a sought-after color?

I purchased it at Intermix, and they said it was "Red", but it didn't look red to me (I also have the Balenciaga Red - and it's RED!). I should have looked at the tags because when I got home, I then saw "Grenat" - and that's NOT Red! :amazed:

Oh well ... I do LOVE :love: my Chloe Silverado Tote though!!!! So 1 out of 2!

CeeJay said:
Really, Star? The Grenat is a sought-after color?

I purchased it at Intermix, and they said it was "Red", but it didn't look red to me (I also have the Balenciaga Red - and it's RED!). I should have looked at the tags because when I got home, I then saw "Grenat" - and that's NOT Red! :amazed:

Oh well ... I do LOVE :love: my Chloe Silverado Tote though!!!! So 1 out of 2!

Check in the archives for Megs post of the paddington, I think she notes that it is the most sought after color. Anyhow, I still think it is the nicest color.:love:

sorry for the delay guys, i had to peel myself away for the forum for a lil. but here are the pics. obsessive i kno.

P30901.jpg

P30906.jpg

P30902.jpg

P30907.jpg

P30903.jpg

P30909.jpg

P30904.jpg

P30911.jpg

P30913.jpg

P30914.jpg

haha, actually not a digital slr, don't have that yet! but i will at some point, i'm actually using a panasonic lumix with the leica lens FX7. the flower mode is really good for close ups! the lens is great, registers light really well. i just took those photos in my room with a 100 watt bulb. no flash.

fayden said:
haha, actually not a digital slr, don't have that yet! but i will at some point, i'm actually using a panasonic lumix with the leica lens FX7. the flower mode is really good for close ups! the lens is great, registers light really well. i just took those photos in my room with a 100 watt bulb. no flash.

Well of course, it's a Leica ! :nuts: