different shades of damier ebene?

cola262

addicted
O.G.
Oct 24, 2006
I tried to do a search and couldn't find a thread. I have 2 damier ebene bags.
speedy 25: bought at LV boutique
Trevi PM: bought from reputable seller

The color of the bright dashes are different. Does anyone notice this too?

Attachments

• different shades of damier.jpg
    different shades of damier.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 6,895
cola262 said:

Yes, I've noticed that too. My husband's damier wallet is "lighter" and "cooler" than my speedy 25 which I feel is a "warmer" hue of brown. I personally prefer "warmer" damier bags.

I think there was a thread couple days ago where OP mentioned fading or something.

cola262 said:
Thanks for the reply! I also just searched again for the word "variation" and found confirmation of this!

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/damier-canvas-variation-334729.html

Great thread! I don't have a preference on shiny versus matte but like I said earlier, I like the warmer, darker canvas over the lighter canvas. Hmmm, I will ck my husband's wallet later to see where it was made. I know my speedy was MIF so I wonder if indeed different places have different color canvases.

Where where your items made?

cola262 said:
Both made in USA. Maybe the stiffer damier canvas (such as Trevi or wallet) is different from the soft ad smooshy damier canvas (speedy, Neverfull)?

Possibly. So, is your speedy the darker one? Which canvas do you prefer? Or you don't really care because you love all your bags equally? Lol cuz I love all mine equally!

I own a Icare bag and a Shelton bag in DE, and the color variation is exacty the same as on your picture. The beige on the shelton is slight more corn-yellow than the Icare. The beige on the Icare is a bit more warm and golden, and the canvas surface is more rugged. The SA told me this is normal, and it is also normal that the travel bags has more rugged canvas surface. No worries!

I also noticed today that my Icare is made of two different canvas. The area on top of the bag (where the zipper is placed) has a more smoothe canvas, while rest of the bag has a more rugged canvas type :smile: Is that normal?