Different nylons? Help me decide!

emsstacey

O.G.
May 21, 2008
I am on the fence about purchasing a pocket satchel after seeing the special at the outlets. I called to check on colors and one place has the "slicker" nylon and the more canvas like nylon.

I prefer leather bags but have a bad back and need something lighter. I also like that it will be easier to take care of. Which type is nicer in person? I don't have the luxury of a store nearby.

I am also torn on what color to get. Navy, Black/Brown, or Black/Black. I wish they had some wild colors like turquoise, but looks like just the regular colors.

Thanks for your help, advice, and pictures of any of those if you have them!

Here are photos of my Dooney Nylon Large Erica and Davis Tassel Tote. I purchased the Large Erica from dooney[.]com and carried her for the first time yesterday. This bag is lightweight and versatile and has a cute shape in the way it drapes, both open and zippered. And this bag has feet! I don't think they make the Erica with feet anymore, so I lucked out. I bought her to go with the Dooney nylon Davis Tassle Tote I purchased a few months ago from a seller on eBay. My larger sized Dooney’s are all nylon and have the smooth texture. I’m looking to add a brighter color duo to my collection for Spring.IMG_2779.JPG
IMG_2780.JPG

Reactions: RuedeNesle
I am on the fence about purchasing a pocket satchel after seeing the special at the outlets. I called to check on colors and one place has the "slicker" nylon and the more canvas like nylon.

I prefer leather bags but have a bad back and need something lighter. I also like that it will be easier to take care of. Which type is nicer in person? I don't have the luxury of a store nearby.

I am also torn on what color to get. Navy, Black/Brown, or Black/Black. I wish they had some wild colors like turquoise, but looks like just the regular colors.

Thanks for your help, advice, and pictures of any of those if you have them!

Hi! The outlets have a extra20 percent off nylon from 2-24 thru 3-2 . You should call them .
The nylon bags are usually40 to 50 percent off and now extra 20. It's worth a try.

Here are some pictures of my black nylon large pocket Satchel. Mine is the older style with the shinier nylon. The difference is a matter of preference. Some love the newer thicker more fabric feeling nylon and some hate it, from what I've seen. I think I prefer the newer one better but they are both nice. I think there is a difference in the colors of the lining as well. The newer one might have red or tan lining. I'm not sure. There is also a different version of he older nylon like mine that has a tan interior and a little different logo. I hope this helps.

IMG_1488193086.226377.jpg

IMG_1488193179.061769.jpg

IMG_1488193216.449997.jpg

Here are some pictures of my black nylon large pocket Satchel. Mine is the older style with the shinier nylon. The difference is a matter of preference. Some love the newer thicker more fabric feeling nylon and some hate it, from what I've seen. I think I prefer the newer one better but they are both nice. I think there is a difference in the colors of the lining as well. The newer one might have red or tan lining. I'm not sure. There is also a different version of he older nylon like mine that has a tan interior and a little different logo. I hope this helps.

View attachment 3617945

View attachment 3617948

View attachment 3617949

My black bag has the tan inside. I could not find the pink interior. It's very cool!

Both my Nylon Large Erica and Davis Tassel Tote have the tan interior. My older nylon Large Nina bags have the pink interior which i LOVE! I believe the pink interior may have been discontinued. With the exception of the Nylon Large Pocket Satchel and the Nylon O-Ring Shopper the only nylon interiors I see now are either red or tan. They are all beautiful.

Thanks, everyone! That helps so much! Now, to just decide between the Large Pocket Satchel or the plain satchel... they are both so cute, just wondering if the Large Pocket Satchel is big for everyday use? I am typically a larger bag girl, though. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks, everyone! That helps so much! Now, to just decide between the Large Pocket Satchel or the plain satchel... they are both so cute, just wondering if the Large Pocket Satchel is big for everyday use? I am typically a larger bag girl, though. Decisions, decisions...
Think about not only the size, but the usefulness of the outside pockets. That may help your decision.

My black bag has the tan inside. I could not find the pink interior. It's very cool!

Both my Nylon Large Erica and Davis Tassel Tote have the tan interior. My older nylon Large Nina bags have the pink interior which i LOVE! I believe the pink interior may have been discontinued. With the exception of the Nylon Large Pocket Satchel and the Nylon O-Ring Shopper the only nylon interiors I see now are either red or tan. They are all beautiful.

I think mine is the oldest style. I bough it in clearance at the outlet a few years ago. I like the tan interior too. [emoji4]

You're welcome. I find that it is a larger bag, but collapses down into a bag that doesn't look large when you don't have much in it. I'm not a big bag girl but I don't find this one hard to use as an everyday bag. Also, if I need to I'm able to fit my laptop in it. I did a video on it awhile back. It's a very versatile bag; weather resistant, light in weight, large or medium, outside pockets, Satchel, shoulder bag, or crossbody. It's a winner. [emoji4]