Different leathers? Rubbery texture and smell?!?

cola262

addicted
O.G.
Oct 24, 2006
I just got my MAB from amazon and it feels like rubber and smells so bad (like leather). I gt my black Nikki from RM.com end of year sale and that feels 1000x better.

Anyone get a bag with rubbery texture? Did it get better over time?

I was on my iphone before and the app wasn't working so I couldn't upload the pics. I transferred the pics from my phone.
1. MAB leather (pebbly and fake-feeling?)
2. Nikki leather (delicious)
3. MAB
4. Nikki

Attachments

• 329.jpg
    329.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 330.jpg
    330.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 332.jpg
    332.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 331.jpg
    331.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 308
I purchased the same Nikki from the Sale and wondered what type of leather it was made of...it is very soft. I have owned several black RMs and my Distressed Black is the only one that comes close. I really like the leather on your MAB...looks nice, thick, and durable. :smile:

Thanks!

Hmm now all that Heavy leather smell from opening the package is gone and the bag smells good. I guess I haven't owned a cow pebbly leather bag in a long time lol. I compared the MAB leather to my PVC leather bag and they feel different. So the MAB doesn't feel fake lol

I didn't realize the leathers can be so different!

The Nikki has one of the smoothest soft leather I've ever felt on a bag. The only thing that is as soft is this pair of mia boots I have. Such a contrast from the MAB

I love the leather smell, but a few times I have gotten RM bags - Nikki hobos that had a strong chemical smell - horrible! It smelled plasticy. Very gross. I actually did not keep them partly because I could not stand the smell (I also did not love the colors).

My wine Nikki, Fawn Nikki & Noir Nikkis all had such a great leather smell. Their leather was not rubbery, but very quality. So many different leathers & textures!

I actually prefer the mab too! When I received my raspberry MAC, which I ended up returning, it also smelled like chemicals. I think the leather is different from the Blood Red I decided to keep. The Red is more wrinkled and soft, but definitely scratches so much more easily :sad:.... oh well, can't have it all ....