Different imprints on the Empreinte??

loveyourbags

Dec 11, 2012
Sydney
Hi, just wondering if others have noticed this...
I know each bag is handmade so there are minor differences between each bag but....

I bought the empy artsy for xmas and the SA had two bags infront of me, one that was made in Spain and the imprints were clearer/more hard pressed on the leather and the made in France was a more faint/subtle imprint(lightly pressed).
He actually advised me the Spain one looked nicer since you could see the imprints more prominently. But I chose the France one simply because it was made in "France".

I know its a minor issue but its been bugging me as I feel "did I buy a dud one that wasn't imprinted properly? am I losing my mind? lol..."

Like the SA said, on the Spain one you could see the imprints clearly, whereas the one I bought, depending on the light, you could just see it slightly...

For days I kept on telling myself "forget it, just keep it... Its made in France... subtle is better...." but its been bugging me and making me nuts!!

What should I do? I would feel awkward asking for an exchange because its not imprinted enough?? lol

Mind you, I didn't have any problems with the speedy (avatar pic on left) as the bag size is small and its the colour that makes it pop. But with the Artsy its the imprint that dominates the bag so I'm obsessing over it??

I have attached close-up pics of the two empies I own. Even compared to the speedy imprint the artsy imprint is lighter? Am I being too picky??

Attachments

Last edited:

BDgirl

May 12, 2010
La La Land
I know each bag is handmade so there are minor differences between each bag but....

I bought the empy artsy for xmas and the SA had two bags infront of me, one that was made in Spain and the imprints were clearer/more hard pressed on the leather and the made in France was a more faint/subtle imprint(lightly pressed).
He actually advised me the Spain one looked nicer since you could see the imprints more prominently. But I chose the France one simply because it was made in "France".

I know its a minor issue but its been bugging me as I feel "did I buy a dud one that wasn't imprinted properly? am I losing my mind? lol..."

Like the SA said, on the Spain one you could see the imprints clearly, whereas the one I bought, depending on the light, you could just see it slightly...

For days I kept on telling myself "forget it, just keep it... Its made in France... subtle is better...." but its been bugging me and making me nuts!!

What should I do? I would feel awkward asking for an exchange because its not imprinted enough?? lol
Hmmm ive seen some leather embossed bags having the same inconsistencies. Perhaps you could post a picture of your bag to show us just how 'slightly' imprinted it is?

VelvetKandy

Jun 29, 2012
Los Banos
Markxmikesmom said:
Sounds like its really bugging you... I would exchange it. Or return it and wait for another one MIF.. You got to be 100% happy with it. No woulda coulda shoulda's allow!!
GL on your choice
I agree 100%

Ms.Dimpz

Nov 28, 2012

Mind you, I didn't have any problems with the speedy (avatar pic on left) as the bag size is small and its the colour that makes it pop. But with the Artsy its the imprint that dominates the bag so I'm obsessing over it??

I have attached close-up pics of the two empies I own. Even compared to the speedy imprint the artsy imprint is lighter? Am I being too picky??
so i'm going to be honest with you as i would with a friend! It's a lovely bag and color but definitely return it for a different one..it looks raised IMO, not imprinted. When u spend that much money, you should be 100% happy with your purchase :smile:

here is a pic of the artsy from the website:

nettevuitton

Jun 25, 2007
Hmmmm it looks as if Artsy is raised more as opposed to speedy imprinted.If it bugs you return immediately.
i agree,
The look very different to me too, the speedy looks like its printed into the bag , whereas the artsy, looks raised ofbthe leather bag, maybe its just they way the pictures are taken, id bring both bags back to store and ask them to check them out.

DznrBagLvr

Jan 8, 2012
New York
I would say exchange it if its bothering you. When i bought my Empriente artsy - I had two choices.
1. MIS with very faint impressions
2. MIU with deep luxurious impressions.

I chose the MIU and couldn't be happier. It "looked and felt better" so where it was made wasn't as important. It is perfectly made and looks amazing. I wouldn't have been happy with the MIS with light impressions although some ppl would have chosen it just bc of where it's made or that they don't want a MIU.

When I asked an SA about this, she said some think the deeper impressions are from the beginning of the leather and that the machine isn't applying as much pressure later on..who knows. Don't settle. I have attached two pictures of my artsy.

Attachments

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Midwest
Always choose the better-made bag, who the heck cares what country LV manufactured it in. It's all LV. Get the one with the better imprinting. :smile:

Reactions: SweetDaisy05

DLSMOMMY

Hopeless Addict
Feb 1, 2012
Fabulous USA
I noticed the same thing. I had an Audie GM MIF, the imprint was more subtle and the leather was softer. I exchanged for the Empreinte artsy, assuming MIU (no tag) and the leather was a bit stiffer and the imprint was much more defined and deep. Either way I love my artsy :smile:

Jrs1672

Jun 30, 2011
Louisiana
The argument could be made that with leather being a natural material, one piece could emboss different from another, but regardless, you should exchange if unhappy.

lvaddict89

Jul 21, 2012
I think it looks good either way. I like faint and subtle but its about what you like. The only thing is these bags are certainly not hand made lol.