Different designs of shopping bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sorta a weird random thought train I was having. I ADORED all of the different Poppy shopping bags, which was my first experience with the "special" Coach shopping bags. I was pretty bummed when my boutique went back to the striped ones. Then tonight they whipped out another new style of bag with a Sophia on it with the shopping bag handles looking like they come right outta the Sophia's handles! :nuts:

I'm sure there have been more of these "special" shopping bags. Anybody care to share what they've seen - or better yet, post PICS of them? :yahoo:

Maybe it's dorky, but it's so the icing on the cake for any purchase of significance. I HATE leaving Macy's with brand new handbag I just spend several hundred bucks on in a PLASTIC shopping bag. :pout:

2. It's not the shopping bag, it's what is in the bag that counts. If someone wanted to give me a tennis bracelot wrapped in newspaper that would be fine with me. I do hate the new shopping bags though. I miss the legacy stripe ones.

3. I love to get cute shopping bags with purchases.

4. I don't have a preference on shopping bags but I will admit I was a little sad when I bought my Hampton XL Hobo and they just slid her into her dust bag and then into a large legacy striped shopping bag and then I see other ladies whose bags were wrapped up in tissue and placed in nice Coach boxes with a ribbon. The presentation feels more like a present and special then just slid in the dust bag. KWIM?

5. I am usually in my store for a while, so I see the shopping bags that people are getting. If I see one that I like, I ask for it and usually end up with two .. LOL! :smile:

6. [​IMG]

7. Yeah, about dustbagging and sliding into a bag, I do not care for that. I really thought the legacy striped ones were cool to carry around the mall. Those and the white ones with the red lozenge all over them.
    These new ones I have been seeing with Sophias printed on them are pretty cool too...they always trick me at first during reveals! LOL!

8. ^^Forgot that I just got the Pink bag when I bought my Sophia!I had been wanting this shopping bag.But now that the Sophia shopping bags are out, I want 1 of them,lol.I do love the outter bags, but it's what is inside that counts for me!!!!:biggrin:

9. #10 Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    just remember that you can always ask for your items to be gift-wrapped/ boxed. most sa's will ask you if it's a gift so that they can notate it on the receipt, plus give you a gift receipt. it really *DOES* help if you know the manager(s)/ sa('s)! one time, i actually was offered (and of course, happily accepted) a coach garment bag when i had come straight from a department store with the clothes i had just purchased, with the store's normal plastic garment bag covering them! i have really great sa's and managers who, yes, know me and are always *SO* sweet and helpful! you usually just have to ask for a box if you want it and again, being nice and friendly *ALWAYS* is a plus ~ they're nice and more willing to help if you're nice, too! :biggrin:

10. My Kristin came home in the new bag w/ Sophia on it :hrmm: I was looking forward to getting the large striped bag but, but oh well. I won't be carrying the SHOPPING bag around, it's what's INSIDE the bag that matters- LOL

11. I love a good shopping bag. My boutique always gives me my items in the Legacy Stripe shopping bag. Not that I buy from FP very often, but when DH bought me a bag at this same boutique a few years ago it was packed in the same Legacy Stripe shopping bag. I don't mind because I LOVE this shopping bag! OTOH, the special edition shopping bags have a "collect 'em all!" vibe that I really like, too.

12. I would usually just ask the SA to put everything in the biggest bag I just bought. Saves me on bringing home paper. Coach should just give away a shopping tote for shoppers to help save the environment. These re-usable totes can be used over and over again.

13. I admit, I love the shopping bags Coach uses. But I REALLY love the striped legacy bags the most. Dunno why but I feel like I got an even better bag when it's packaged in one of those striped bags! Silly, I guess!:weird:

14. Don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm not saying that the shopping bag is a bigger deal than the goodies inside it. The different ones are just so gosh darn FUN! :P

That's EXACTLY how I feel! I got one of each size of the recent Poppy ones. I was sorta hoping the sophia ones would come in different sizes/designs, too. They're fun to have in my closet. :yahoo:

I'm really not a fan of the striped bags. I like the heavier/thicker ones better. They kinda remind me of the outlet ones that ALWAYS seem to end up tearing on me!