Different Chanel Chains/Straps

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been searching the forum and haven't found a thread that identifies the different chains and straps used by Chanel on their various bags.

Of course there is the classic intertwined leather chain with gold and silver hardware of various finishes

There is the bijoux chain

but I am yet to identify this chain:
    http://luxury.malleries.com/black-quilted-chanel-lambskin-mini-cc-logo-bag-s69-i-31117-s-337.html?images=true#img2

I have seen this on many vintage pieces: around 1980 (correct me if I'm wrong)

But I was hoping for a little more insight on the Chanel chains (particularly this chain) and what they indicate about the age of the bag etc

thanks! :P

2. Chanel had made this chain. It is what I call a special edition chain, like the bijoux chain, that is only released occasionally around the 80s and 90s. As for indication of the age through the chain, you can tell of the age if you know the history of when these chains came out, but the real true way to tell is by the serial number on the hologram sticker.

3. Beautiful chain! :smile: Interesting history, bp!