Different Canvas for the new Pochette Metis

theilnana

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I'm newer to LV, but have bought a few bags here and there. I wanted a Pochette Metis but the only way to get one was online. Every store I went to said they were sold out and there was a wait list. But for some reason there was no problem on Louis Vuitton's Canadian site. I just placed it in my cart and it was here in about a week. When I opened the bag I seemed fine, but then I noticed the canvas was much duller and the monogram was lighter than my other bags. The canvas itself is very matt and the feels very different. The printing on the monogram is also not as yellow or bright as I would expect. My question is are the using some sort of different canvas? I called the 1 800 number and they only offered to exchange it for me but told me i would have to wait because again they are low on stock. I'm sure they are making tons to keep up with demand but are they speeding up their canvas production too? There is technically nothing wrong with it and my sister says it will get shinier with use. My other question is has anyone else experienced this? I searched the forum and didn't find anything specially about the canvas but I saw all the other issues with quality control. Any advise would be appreciated.

I have an update if it's helpful to anyone. LV said that they can now send me another one to exchange but I have to send mine back an they can't ship the new one till after mother's day. There is no promise that I will have it any earlier than the end of June. Should I wait or will I just be getting the same dull canvas again? Here are some pics, perhaps this is just the way to looks and I'm just not familiar enough with the brand's newer Canvas. The last monogram bag I bout was in 2010. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 1,681
  • IMG_4207.JPG
    IMG_4207.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,695
My Damier Graphite canvas wallet was matte when I got it and now it's shiny. I think the monogram is supposed to look matte when it is new, and will develop some glossiness with use.

As other member have said, you may get the same monogram, or even a bag with an actual flaw (that's possible) if you exchange. I wouldn't risk that personally. I rather keep it.

Last edited:
Looks pretty normal to me. You may return it for one with bigger problems- glazing issues, crooked lock, misaligned lock and pattern, scratched lock- the list could go on. As long as the integrity of the bag/canvas is not compromised I would keep it. If u absolutely can't live with the canvas, return it but you most likely will get the same type of canvas again and maybe more issues.

Thank you for your help. I have decided to keep it. It was just so wildly different from my other Vuitton bags that I got worried. I really feel that they must be just churning these out to try to meet the demand that they care less and less about quality control. I would have thought that the canvas they use is the same on all monogram bags, regardless of the style; but I guess that's not the case. I really appreciate the advise

Thank you for your help. I have decided to keep it. It was just so wildly different from my other Vuitton bags that I got worried. I really feel that they must be just churning these out to try to meet the demand that they care less and less about quality control. I would have thought that the canvas they use is the same on all monogram bags, regardless of the style; but I guess that's not the case. I really appreciate the advise
I don't think this is the case of any quality control issue... I'm sure this canvas is fine. It really does look normal. Enjoy your bag :smile:

Reactions: Redenkeew
I have the same problem.. My pochette metis' canvas is dull than the canvas of my Neverfull which is shinier, both in monogram. But as i have read your comments and opinions, maybe not all canvas are made exactly the same than they made a year or a decade ago right? I can finally breathe..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 1,210
I have the same problem.. My pochette metis' canvas is dull than the canvas of my Neverfull which is shinier, both in monogram. But as i have read your comments and opinions, maybe not all canvas are made exactly the same than they made a year or a decade ago right? I can finally breathe..

Yes! Mine is just like this. Not the “shiny” mongram, but still beautiful. I asked my SA and she said it can differ from batch to batch. I too was wondering the same thing, so good to read this. Mine was made 3/18 and I am just loving it!

Reactions: foxylock