Differences between Stores

oriolesfan22

Loving Coach and LV
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
I stopped in a Coach boutique on the other side of town today, and realized 2 things....
1. I should stick to my normal store
2. I think I am something of a Coach xman, or xwoman...or something because I keep on picking up "Coach facts" and I sound like xman when I blurt them out!
Here's my story.....
I walked into Coach carrying my red leather Gallery tote purchased during September PCE. The younger SA working today says "ooh, how do you like your tote?" I told her that I love it and she proceeds to tell me that they are selling out fast, it's a hot style, etc. etc., and I am lucky that I was able to get one. She asked me when I got it, and I told her "in early September." She said to me, "oh really, I thought it just came out." Huh? :confused1:

So then I told her that I've been going a little crazy lately, and that I just got my new Peony Tote. She looks at me kind of funny, and says, "oh, they are not new, they are from last year." And I looked at her like this :wtf: and said, "you're kidding me? I was certain that they've only been out for a month or so." And she told me no, that maybe someone bought it for me and put it aside or something, because they've been out of stock for at least a year. Again, :confused1: What???? So then I told her that my SA at the store I normally shop out was able to get it for me when there were only a few left, but that I love it and I hope to get the matching wallet next month, if it's still around. She then tells the older SA (there were only two of them working) to see if she can find it for me on Coach.com. I told her that it wasn't on Coach.com, but I had seen it on the Coach Japan website. And of course, you guessed it, her response was :confused1:. She asked me how I found a Coach Japan website and I told her that you can google it and then look at the pictures, though you can't really understand the text. I then told her that the website sometimes has items on it that we don't have yet, such as when the Bleecker came out. Anyway, they both were looking at me in disbelief. So, I left without any purchases, and pretty much vowed never to stray from my regular store, and my regular SA Allyson!

When I was driving home, I was thinking about how I might have been insulted that she thought my bag was "so last year! if I cared about that stuff. Of course, I am still carrying some 10 year old Coach, so I obviously don't care!

Now, this past weekend, I was in my regular store, and the girls circled around me to see my new Peony tote, and told me that the patent wristlet would go great with it, and they all wanted to see my bag and read the inscription inside. I feel so much more at home there! It's the second time that they've ordered something for me and told me to come back in so that they can see it in person, and then they all get as excited as I did when I first got it.

It's amazing how the friendliness and product knowledge varies from store to store!

I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at your story. I love how you called yourself the Coach xman. It's very ironic how we tfp-ers have to educate the SAs sometimes. Stick to your main store because they really seem to appreciate your business. Toooo funny! :roflmfao:

I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at your story. I love how you called yourself the Coach xman. It's very ironic how we tfp-ers have to educate the SAs sometimes. Stick to your main store because they really seem to appreciate your business. Toooo funny! :roflmfao:

I totally agree! Sometimes I feel funny correcting the SAs, but seriously, they should really know what theyre talking about before they just blurt something out. I remember having a boutique MANAGER tell me, back at the september PCE, that the sig stripe totes were absolutely not coming out in the chocolate color. Never ever ever. She actually tried to argue it with me, so I just ordered mine from a different store! She must have felt pretty silly when she got the big shipment of chocolate totes in october and realized I was right! :wlae:

I did forget to mention something else in my story.....when I mentioned seeing a wallet on the Japan website, the older SA said, "well I wonder how you order that? Can you order from that website?" And I told her that I didn't know - but I could probably call Jax. Again, she looked at me like I had three heads.....I was thinking "you do know that Coach is in Jacksonville, right?" but I didn't say that outloud! :shrugs:

I did forget to mention something else in my story.....when I mentioned seeing a wallet on the Japan website, the older SA said, "well I wonder how you order that? Can you order from that website?" And I told her that I didn't know - but I could probably call Jax. Again, she looked at me like I had three heads.....I was thinking "you do know that Coach is in Jacksonville, right?" but I didn't say that outloud! :shrugs:

:roflmfao:

Your story was pretty funny. Typically I have people who see a handbag I am carrying and they ask a SA to go get them one.

I don't really have xman moments in a Coach store, but in an electronics store like CompUSA I often know more about the computers than they do. One guy (another customer) asked me something about a computer I was playing with at Fry's a month ago. Being nice I took about 20 minutes to explain the differences between two models he was looking at and then when he decided to buy one he asked me if they had any in stock. I just politely said "I don't work here". I guess he had asked me the question because he thought I worked there. I should have gotten the commission, right? :smile:

I have to say that I take offense when you say you sound like "Rainman/Rainwoman"....are you aware that Rainman had a neurological disorder, called AUTISM???? Are you autistic OR on the autism spectrum in any way? Are you aware of the facts regarding autism? 1 in 150 children are diagnosed w/ autism... You may be very knowledgeable regarding "Coach", but please do not refer to yourself as "Rainman/Rainwoman", if you are not part of the autism society.... it's not very funny when there are soooooooo many beautiful children out there w/ this dreadful epidemic, and there is nothing they can do about it.

It's the strangest thing, but i can completely relate to your story. I have 2 COACH stores within 5 miles of each other-- talk about TEMPTATION! In any case, i definitely go to the one a little further away from me (a mere 10 miles) because of the service they provide.

I remember the last time i went into the "snobby" store. I was returning a handbag that i ordered from COACH online, and the SA told me, "Well, you didn't buy this from us." I just looked at her and said, "I know, but i KNOW i can return it here." It's as if she thought she could bully me with her snobbiness. In any case, i did get my return, asked for a credit (certainly did not want them to help me with a purchase), and as i said, it was THE last time i went in that store. I went to the other store to use my credit and felt sooo much more at home there.

Just remember YOU are the customer and THEY are the ones to provide the service. WE are the ones keeping them in business and consequently, providing their jobs. Besides, you obviously knew more about the product than they did-- you should have told them that you can provide training in both the product and manners! :lol: