Difference in Caviar

Omg where do you keep getting all these wocs I called maimai sold out where else did you purchase from help please
If you refer back to my 1st post I give you all the details... But I suggest you go on the wait list for these places: NM Bellevue, BG, Hirsliefers, NM Troy, Chanel Ala Moana Honolulu, HI because I was on the wait list for less than 30 days. Good Luck with your search!!!!

I disagree that the 'quality is different' between Spain and Italy.

I would say that they got leather from different cows and therefore the texture and overall finish looks different.

Even if you had two leather bags both made from the same animal there would be variations.

Dear everyone,

I just received the reissue flap bag in caviar leather and noticed that the caviar leather is different from the caviar leather on the classic flap bag. Is it supposed to be that way?

I feel they use different types of caviar for each bag. For example caviar on the GST is different than caviar on the classic flaps. I wouldn't be surprised if caviar on the reissue isn't the same.

I feel they use different types of caviar for each bag. For example caviar on the GST is different than caviar on the classic flaps. I wouldn't be surprised if caviar on the reissue isn't the same.

+1. I've handled a caviar reissue bag and the leather is softer than the classic. My jumbo's caviar is hard as a rock whereas my woc and GST are softer and more pliable to the touch.

Chanel did the reissue in three kinds of caviar leathers for three different seasons:
1) sueded caviar
2) washed caviar
3) regular caviar (most recently)

Number three is closest in nature to the caviar used on classics. Aside from the above the leather can vary slightly from bag to bag also.

What season is yours from? Do post pix!!

i bought my WOC in 2014 and my sister bought hers in 2016 and the caviar leathers are completely different... Mine is more pebbled and shiny where hers is more muted and less pebbled... What do you guys think of the change in leathers?

It could be washed caviar. It is softer and more matte. I like both, and on a smaller bag, like the WOC, both are great. The softer caviar on larger bags seems to have a higher percentage of the bag structure breaking down.

The differences have nothing to do with "country" stamp in my opinion... just based on personal experience. Different lots/batches of the leathers show up everywhere, and different years even can appear varied, etc.. there is no way to predict. You just have to go see things in person and see what feels and looks better to you. :smile:
Absolutely agree with this!