Difference in size between Coach Mini Skinny and Coach Wristlet?

Feb 25, 2018
Hello all! I was wondering what the size difference is between this Coach Wristlet and Coach Mini Skinny? I ask this because I would like to try to make the wristlet into a keychain type wallet but not if it's a lot bigger.

Pictures included of each in question. Thanks again!

Happy Spring!!

Attachments

• img-thing.jpeg
    img-thing.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 330
  • shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Not sure on measurements exactly on those specific ones but I have variants of them and don’t think the wristlet would work as well as a keychain. It is quite a bit bigger in all directions than the mini skinny. And depending on how much you put in it if you put a car key on it too not good weight for the where you put the key in the car. If you just use it to attach a House key or something like that it may be ok but there is bulk to the wristlet. Another thing is they don’t fit in pockets like a skinny can. So I guess it depends on what you plan on using it for.

Most wristlets tend to range between 6x4 (15x10cm) to 8x4 (20x10cm) inches.

Mini Skinnys are usually 5x3 inches (12.5x7.5cm) and will hold a few credit cards or a drivers license, a key or two (car keys with separate remotes could be a problem) and some cash but not much more. The zipper top also restricts the size of what can be put inside. They won't hold any kind of phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: AManIntoFashion
Mini Skinnys I find have a much narrower opening and cannot fit more than folded cash and a couple of cards. I have two of them and barely use them. The regular sized wristlet would fit more, but not by much- however, It is easier to access items though vs. the skinny. Are you specifically looking into making the fabric one above into a keychain, or is that just for reference? Because if it were me, I'd probably look into coated canvas or a leather option only because it is more structured and I'd feel like it would be less wide when carrying it if that makes sense.

I know others have answered you, but just to chime in, I use mini skinnys just for my cash, ID and starbucks card. I put money in the zippered part and my two cards in the outside pocket. So it really is just meant for small things like that. So I use mini skinnys daily and have a bunch of them to switch around, but they wouldn't work for everyone if you intended to do more with them. What I like about it is during the workday I can just grab the mini skinny for lunch or whatever, as if I am using cash I have what I need.

I know others have answered you, but just to chime in, I use mini skinnys just for my cash, ID and starbucks card. I put money in the zippered part and my two cards in the outside pocket. So it really is just meant for small things like that. So I use mini skinnys daily and have a bunch of them to switch around, but they wouldn't work for everyone if you intended to do more with them. What I like about it is during the workday I can just grab the mini skinny for lunch or whatever, as if I am using cash I have what I need.

Thank you! I use the mini skinny as my wallet too (I hate things in my pockets. I love the keychain on mini skinnies).

This isn't the same exact pattern, but it still has the horse and carriage. It's called Bleecker Coated Canvas Mini Skinny. Style no 51997.
View attachment 4069708

Thank you! I saw someone selling this on Poshmark, unfortunately they never responded so I figured it may be an old account, scammer or whatnot. I am on the lookout for this design. Thank you for letting me know the style name and number!