difference in prices LV aroung the world

Sycomore

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Can someone pls explain me why and how is the difference on prices ??? it is only the tax or what else?? I was in brasil last year and the prices where almost a 40% more than here in EUROPE I couldn't belive it since the tax here is so high.... I've heard also japan is very expensive what is what makes the price higher is only the tax ??

I think that LV has different marketing/pricing regions throughout the world. Hawaii is considered a different region from the rest of the contintental U.S.
As referenced by Vicky2007, pricing is probably also influenced by import/export policies per countries.....

I think that LV has different marketing/pricing regions throughout the world. Hawaii is considered a different region from the rest of the contintental U.S.
As referenced by Vicky2007, pricing is probably also influenced by import/export policies per countries.....
I agree with peace43, but there is also the currency that is every changing, so Louie is trying to best predict what the currency exchange will be, but it is impossible.

i have some research before

i compare a Mono Speedy 30 with a few countries...

come up with... the cheapest > dearest

France > England > Hong Kong > US > Australia > New Zealand

this data is retail price with taxes

please if you have other price of other country, let me know
and i will update the price compare

I know that LV counts Hawaii as totally seperate from the continental US (they don't share inventory and items cannot be transferred from one place to another). I think it may be slightly cheaper because they don't have as many price increases as the mainland. Hawaii also has a low sales tax (4.166%)

I know that LV counts Hawaii as totally seperate from the continental US (they don't share inventory and items cannot be transferred from one place to another). I think it may be slightly cheaper because they don't have as many price increases as the mainland. Hawaii also has a low sales tax (4.166%)

Our tax went up January 01/07 from 4.166 to 4.72% :sad: