Difference in Monogram Canvas - Is this normal?

lovemisa143

Jul 28, 2012
Hello TPF'ers!

I've already searched and goggled this topic prior to starting this thread. However, even though some people say that it is normal and can happen when comparing new canvas to older vintage canvas - it seems that the difference in the monogram canvas for others aren't as noticeable as mine.

Here are 3 pictures of my Delightful PM from 2012 and my Cles from 2007:

3_zps1ac2b3e6.jpg

2_zps21a2e00a.jpg

1_zpsbda914f5.jpg

My Delightful PM is from 2012 and my Cles is from 2007.

Can you see the noticeable difference between the monogram canvas or is it my imagination?

It seems the canvas on the Cles is more brown toned and matte whereas the canvas on the Delightful PM has more sheen.

Is this normal for there to be this much difference between the two?

Please advise.

Thank you!!

I asked the same question my josephine & emelie wallet one is darker than the other & My SA told me its normal cos they came from different canvas and printed on different occasion..

Last edited:
My clés and speedy from 2003 are quite different then my 2013 sarah wallet and 2011 zcp. I think the canvas is less "bumpy" now. Sa told me this normal?

My toiletry pouch 26 that I just purchased is totally different (not as much sheen and different color brown like your cles) than my toiletry pouch 19 (looks like your bag) that I just purchased. Both of them were made in France and both in 2013.

Happy to have found this thread as my new DA 2013 white squares are "whiter" than a 5 year old DA bag I bought on Yoogi's and I thought I was going nuts. Good to know this is true for all prints!

Hello TPF'ers!

I've already searched and goggled this topic prior to starting this thread. However, even though some people say that it is normal and can happen when comparing new canvas to older vintage canvas - it seems that the difference in the monogram canvas for others aren't as noticeable as mine.

Here are 3 pictures of my Delightful PM from 2012 and my Cles from 2007:

3_zps1ac2b3e6.jpg

2_zps21a2e00a.jpg

1_zpsbda914f5.jpg

It seems the canvas on the Cles is more brown toned and matte whereas the canvas on the Delightful PM has more sheen.

I noticed this when I went to the LV store to look at the Artsy MM purse ( the purse canvas was dull) back just last week vs how my co-worker's Artsty MM (her purse had a sheen to the canvas) looks that she purchased about 1.5 ago. If the Artsy MM I saw at the store, had a shine on the canvas I would have brought the purse.