difference between "raisin" and "prune"?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. can anyone describe the difference between these two colors? i LOVE raisin and am vexed that it's being discontinued. :crybaby: so now i'm trying to figure out whether i need to put in a request for a raisin birkin or kelly ASAP, or whether i'll be just as happy with prune.

HELP!!! (and thanks :flowers: )

2. In my eyes:

Raisin is an extremely dark, dark, dark violet.

Prune is somehow a dark reddish brown. Here's prune for your reference.

Prune_Kelly_LaVan2.jpg

3. I think prune is really a true Aubergine color, and much warmer of a tone than the dark grapey raisin.

4. Aubergine, LaVan....Aubergine. I refuse to call that gorgeous bag of yours....PRUNE!

5. ARGH! I love the Raisin color. It's third on my list
    Black- check
    Gold- *soon*
    Raisin
    White Clemence

Then comes the exotics. I like that Violine color too.

6. It's so sad about raisin because I think it's a striking color that is remarkably versatile. I've never seen prune irl but was wondering which was "brighter"- sounds like raisin???

7. One is a dried plum.

One is a dried grape.

Easy.

8. omg K, I almost said that! :roflmfao:

9. thanks all -- and special thanks for the pic, LaV.

GF and CB: :noggin: :lol: :lol:

to quote the inimitable shopmom, oyi. i just don't know what to do -- a kelly, HAC or birkin in raisin chevre is on my dream list because i love the leather so much, but i already have a raisin chevre kabana. i was planning to wait until i have other basics before duplicating this leather, but this nasty discontinued news is forcing the issue a bit. the prune leather is lovely, but now that i've seen it i realize that it's too different from the raisin to be a substitute -- it's just another color that i want!

decisions, decisions. :sad:

10. :nuts: :roflmfao:

11. I think... in my opinion, the raisin is "purpler-blue" and the prune has a slightly brownish hue to it.:shrugs: :s yup, that's what I think.

12. I have never seen prune in person so I don't know. From LaVan's picture it looks beautiful, just not purple.
    Raisin to me is purple mixed with brown. I have a raisin Togo Kelly and in this leather, it looks kind of brown at night or when there is no direct light on it. On a sunny day or under bright artificial light, the purple really comes out.

13. Totally agree...and how odd, I was just talking the other day about how I feel raisin is a color that will be gone very soon. I did not expect it to be gone that soon!

14. In French raisin = grape (not necessarily dried)
    and prune = plum
    that's my small contribution lol

15. I agree with everyone about the colors... prune and raisin are VERY different!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice