Difference between PM and MM Picotin?

eliz

O.G.
Sep 4, 2007
My SA is having a hard time finding a MM Picotin in my requested colors, but my store does have a PM. I saw it yesterday and of course it's simply darling. But I'm wondering it might be too small and look like I'm carrying my toddler daughter's purse. (I'm 5'4" -- SA didn't think it looked too small on me.) My SA says the difference between the PM and the MM is not very much. So, the question is, do I go with the PM just to get one now or wait?

The sizes are MM H22xW24xD18 and PM H17XW20XD14, not such a big difference, but I would wait for the MM, if you have any qualms about the size.

What colour are you looking for? It might pop up a bit later in the year. This week FSH had them in etoupe, vert chartreuse, vert olive, curry, poussiere, bj, orange and gold...

Eliz, haven't seen them IRL, and I'm also pondering the size. I just measured my wallet and it wouldn't fit into the smaller one (maybe diagonally, didn't do my pythagora yet, lol) so I think this fact (and availability) will make the decision for me. I'm sure the smallest looks very cute though.

hi eliz,
the picotin is indeed such a lovely and functional bag...I just love it! :love:

I had the same dilemma a while back and I am glad I waited for the MM size...
it fits my wallet, sunnies, a small cosmetic case and my keys, with room for small extras (mints, etc) too; whereas the PM size was too small.

if you want an everyday up-and-go bag I'd suggest you wait for the MM...
or better yet, check out if the PM will fit everything you normally carry before making the decision

kind regards :flowers:

There are pictures of Crochetbella's PM picotin in this thread. She has a modeling picture as well as pictures of the bag full of her things. That will give you an idea of what it holds.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/how-big-is-the-picotin-colors-price-157947.html

I have the MM and can put quite a few things in it, keys, bearn wallet, globetrotter agenda, notebook, Karo pm, umbrella, coin purse, piccolo, and sunglasses.

Here is an additional thread to look at with some additional modeling pictures
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/picotin-comparison-modelling-photos-148767.html

I have an MM already and tried on another color but PM. I thought it looked very small and kind of childish on me, and I'm only 5'2".However, I'm not sure if it was the PM size or that it was a violet and vibrato which I loved but too small. It did fit everything I fit in the MM, I just didn't care for the proportion of it to me.
There may be stores in nearby states/countries you could try with more selection. How far are you from another boutique?

I just picked up a PM in Parchemein and I love it! At first I didn't want to even look at the PM's in favor of the MM because I thought it would be too small but it wasn't at all. I'm 5'3" and slim.

I have to think though that the color of these bags makes some difference as well. I tried a PM in Blue Jean and one in Vert Anis and these did nothing for me....but the Parchemein was fantastic as it gives this bag a bit of chic and takes it out of being too cutesy on me. This, of course, is all very subjective and personal but as I get older I'm sensitive to this issue.

There's not too much difference between the two sizes so I'd recommend just going with the one you feel most comfy with. It's a great little bag!

Here is an additional thread to look at with some additional modeling pictures
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/picotin-comparison-modelling-photos-148767.html

I found that to be a very useful thread when researching my picotin purchase:

Picotin MM - on crook of arm and shoulder carried.
100_0548.jpg
100_0544.jpg

Picotin PM - hand carried
picotin.jpg

Great thread with some fab links. I would love a Picotin one day, soon i hope. However i think for finance reasons i will have to get the PM. Would love the MM but don't think i'll last that long in saving for one. The PM will be just fine for me.

I think the height is the significant factor in choosing the PM or the MM. There definitely is not much depth in the PM. From finger tip to end of hand is the height. I like to have more depth and wiggle room. BTW, a wallet is not secure in the PM unless it is compact.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in. I held out for the MM (blue jean clemence) and I am so glad! The PM was just too tiny for me. I absolutely love the MM. It's roomy enough for lots of stuff but still look like a ladylike (if casual and fun) bag.

I've had it for more than a month now, and I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the blue jean. I had to be talked into the color a bit, but it goes with everything. It truly is a neutral.

Attachments

• P1050664.jpg
    P1050664.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,077