Difference between HH's eggplant & plum! Help

cjy

O.G.
Oct 8, 2007
I was all set to order the carryall in plum, to match my wallet. Then I notice the color for it is eggplant. Now I do not obsess if things are not all matchy matchy, but I want them to blend and look right. Just like in my home. So this was a blow because I was ready, and you know how dissapointing it is when you are ready to buy and something throws you off course. I am having buying withdrawals:upsidedown:, so send help fast. Should I get the eggplant, or back to black. I know someone out there has seen both of these colors!
Thanks in advance!!!

I was wondering the same thing when I was browsing the HH website this weekend. I haven't seen both IRL so I'm not sure but it seems the eggplant is darker than the plum? Can anyone confirm?

I was wondering the same thing when I was browsing the HH website this weekend. I haven't seen both IRL so I'm not sure but it seems the eggplant is darker than the plum? Can anyone confirm?
Thanks, what a bummer. I mean it's not like I show the enitre contents of my purse all the time, but I do not want to feel like I tried but missed on the color.They do have a clear carryall, but I don't want a tampon showing thru if I had to take the bag out! These are all the things you must think about. It is enough to give a diva a headache!!:confused1:

Oooh, this is right up my alley! Plum is definitely a lighter shade of purple. I would go so far as saying it has a touch of pink (but just a touch) and is very beautiful. The Amethyst is gorgeous as well but is a far more deeper and darker shade of purple with a pinch of blue-based undertones, IMO

1st pic is of an Ana in Plum

2nd pic is of a Nico in Amethyst (which is very very similar to the Eggplant IMO)

As you can see, both are very beautiful!

I own both the Ana and the Nico and I have a clutch wallet in plum. If it were me, I would go with the carryall in Eggplant because it is so nice to see the two shades of purple side by side; its not overpowering at all. The only reason I would seek out the Plum carryall (it is discontinued) is because of the interior silk lining (see 3rd pic of sample of silk lining) which was used in the previous line. Now, that lining has been replaced by a plain twill black (see 4th pic) which I really dont care for too much.

Both are gorgeous though!

Attachments

• 96a1_12.JPG
    96a1_12.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 966
  • 2cdb_12.JPG
    2cdb_12.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 949
  • 9470_1.JPG
    9470_1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 867
  • 1186786219984918261.jpg
    1186786219984918261.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 885
Oooh, this is right up my alley! Plum is definitely a lighter shade of purple. I would go so far as saying it has a touch of pink (but just a touch) and is very beautiful. The Amethyst is gorgeous as well but is a far more deeper and darker shade of purple with a pinch of blue-based undertones, IMO

1st pic is of an Ana in Plum

2nd pic is of a Nico in Amethyst (which is very very similar to the Eggplant IMO)

As you can see, both are very beautiful!

I own both the Ana and the Nico and I have a clutch wallet in plum. If it were me, I would go with the carryall in Eggplant because it is so nice to see the two shades of purple side by side; its not overpowering at all. The only reason I would seek out the Plum carryall (it is discontinued) is because of the interior silk lining (see 3rd pic of sample of silk lining) which was used in the previous line. Now, that lining has been replaced by a plain twill black (see 4th pic) which I really dont care for too much.

Both are gorgeous though!

Wow! What a sweetheart you are! Pictures and everything! That helps, I will order the eggplant. You girls are the best resource.:tup:

:shame:

*thank you. Sometimes I think I am a little TOO into handbags!

Ok the eggplant has been ordered, crisis over! Whew!!Love your bags by the way. Do you have a large HH collection? I have been eyeing the the little Ramone, the haze looks very useable for several seasons. Thanks again:yes: