Difference Between Etrusco and Amaranto???

Kathy K

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Last weekend, I bought a daino vitello hobo in amaranto from Neiman Marcus. The same hobo is available from Prada Hawaii for nearly $200 less, in etrusco. I have rummaged the threads here to find pictures, and know that the etrusco is a brownier, rustier red. The only picture I can find, though, is of a different style bag with a different kind of leather, so I can't really tell how much difference there is.

I wanted a wine colored bag, and like the amaranto, but am also attracted to the idea of saving 200 bucks if the etrusco is pretty similar. Any advice from you Prada aficionados?

TIA!

I think these two colors are very different. The amaranto is more crimson and the etrusco is more brown. I love both colors which is why I have a bag in each color.

Not the best pic but here's mine in amaranto.

Here's the same bag but in the smaller size in etrusco. From what I've been told, different leather types take colors in unique ways. That's why amaranto on vitello daino looks more red than amaranto on a cervo tote for example. HTH

Hi Kathy K,

Does the Prada daino vitello amarato hobo have a leather open pocket inside? This year's version of that model has it; last year's doesn't. And I know they had this color last year.

I'm looking for the deep red with an interior zip AND an interior open pocket. The Neiman Marcus Web site is notoriously off in its descriptions of purses, and when I tried to find out thru the online chat, they had me call a store. But the stores didn't get the red this year.

So as far as I know, the red is only available online at N-M. Just wondering if it has the open pocket.

Thanks!
LucyRose

Last weekend, I bought a daino vitello hobo in amaranto from Neiman Marcus. The same hobo is available from Prada Hawaii for nearly $200 less, in etrusco. I have rummaged the threads here to find pictures, and know that the etrusco is a brownier, rustier red. The only picture I can find, though, is of a different style bag with a different kind of leather, so I can't really tell how much difference there is.

I wanted a wine colored bag, and like the amaranto, but am also attracted to the idea of saving 200 bucks if the etrusco is pretty similar. Any advice from you Prada aficionados?

TIA!

^^I have the etrusco and I think it is more brown, where the Amarante is more burgundy (JMHO). Like you I liked the idea of saving money, so last year, I bought the etrusco from Hawaii Prada. Actually, the last 4 Prada bags that I bought came from Prada Hawaii. They seem to be able to get things that you can't get here in the US since they're considered part of the Asia area.