Lambskin vs Caviar?

Question: I really like the look of lambskin GSTs (like the one Jessica Stam has). I feel like it looks more soft. I noticed that most everyone has caviar ones, however.

I was wondering why is this? Are there drawbacks w/ the lambskin one? I'd love to get one, so any input/advice is super appreciated! :smile:

754305de.jpg

Question: I really like the look of lambskin GSTs (like the one Jessica Stam has). I feel like it looks more soft. I noticed that most everyone has caviar ones, however.

I was wondering why is this? Are there drawbacks w/ the lambskin one? I'd love to get one, so any input/advice is super appreciated! :smile:

754305de.jpg
It truly comes down to personal taste. The caviar is a harder leather that is more sturdy and easier to take care of in the sense that it can get knocked around a bit more without any glaring marks. The lambskin is soft and supple, but can show scratches easily and is very sensitive to the rain/water marks. That being said I will always prefer the luxury of the lambskin.

[B said:
nygoldengirl[/B];4313474]..... I agree..the lambskin is fragile, but just beautiful, and I tend to favour it although I know it is not as practical. I guess it means using the lambskin ( I own a few in dark colours) less frequently. The white half flap is smaller than the full flap,, but I think more youthful than the full foldover flap that covers the front of the bag. what do you think?

I absolutely agree with this!I'd choose lambskin over other kinds of leather despite the extra care!But again caviar for everyday use it's perfect IMO!

Someone summed it up perfectly in another thread for me:
Lambskin would not suit my lifestyle.
I'm always busy-bodying around and tend to be less careful with things as time progresses, the lambskin would not suit me.

lambskin is so luxurious and soft and would be worth it if you are the type of person who doesn't care about superficial scratches. i saw a woman the other day at barney's with a lambskin flap with some scratches but it still looked beautiful on her. however, i'm the type of person who would be so bothered by it that caviar is the best choice for me. so honestly, it really depends on you. but both are equally beautiful :smile:

Hello you girls:smile:

Do you guys by any chance have a comparism picture of the Chanel 2.55 in Lambskin and Caviar?
I really would like to see the difference - the price difference is by 1000Dollars or?
I have a chanel bag but i actually have no idea whether its Calfskin or Caviar. I bought in Sep 2007 in Bloomingdales NYCity and I was not even asked what I wanted (which leather?) how come that?
:woohoo:Please help me here ladies..!
Saskia

Saskia, the lambskin will be very smooth and puffy in looks, you can glide your hand right over it, and you would notice any scratches, as even a fingernail mark will come out.

Caviar is ingrained, it will be a flatter colour and you will see lots of tiny pebble effects over the entire bag

hey chloe babe!
thank you for your quick answer. But I one more to ask -

Whats the common leather for the 2.55, what is sold in the store - Caviar or Lamb? And there is a HUGE Price difference or?

The medium is sold in store and is readily available in both leathers. The jumbo is currently only available in Caviar.

Since the recent price increase I am not sure what the difference in the price of the two leathers are (you could easily do a search on here and will find the pricing info), but its just personal preference. If you are quite tough on your bags, then Cav would be a better choice (and certainly if you were going for a pale colour, I would recommend this leather option), but I personally prefer the lambskin ;)