Lambskin vs Caviar?

heey guys

i'm new to this forum sooo i'm a bit clueless!! can someone elighten mee on the difference between lambskin and the caviar? what are the classic pieces? how mucd do the cost? what are the sizes.. etc

many many many thanksss

Lambskin = smooth leather with a naturally subtle gloss like sheen, much much more delicate (and much softer) than caviar
Caviar = pebbly calfskin leather, very durable and virtually indestructible!

I saved these details onto my own computer from another thread, (thanks to the original poster for the details! hope u don't mind me posting it here now) and i think these should answer your questions about sizes and prices.

Update for Classic Flaps with new prices (increased on 2-1-07)

The Classic Flap Bag comes in three sizes:

Small - 9" W x 5.5" H x 2" D - $1,795.00 for Caviar and $1,950.00 for Lambskin

Medium - 10" x 6" x 2.5" - $1,995.00 Caviar and $2,150.00 for Lambskin

Jumbo - 12" x 8" x 3" - $2,250.00 Caviar and $2,405.00 for Lambskin

============================================

The sizes for the Reissue 2.55:

A302224: - The Baby 7.5 W x 5.75 H x 1.75 D inches $1795

A302225: - Small 9.75" x 7.06" x 2.16" $1895

A302226: - Medium 11" x 8" x 2.5" $1995

A302227: - Large 12.25" x 9.18" x 2.5" $2095

A302228: - The X-Large aka Jumbo 14.2" x 9.8" x 3" $2495

thanks nightshade!!!! ur a star! by any chance do you any pictures of the lambskin and caviar saved as well on ur computer? want to see the difference

I have a couple pics saved. I don't know if they are close enough to tell the difference though. The red is lambskin and the beige is caviar. The lamb is smooth while the caviar kind of pebble textured.

Attachments

• chanel03.jpg
    chanel03.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 8,797
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8,532
have a look in our Reference LIbrary, check the threads of Classic Chanel pieces and Classic Flaps and Reissues, those 2 threads alone will answer a LOT of questions and provide a LOT of extra info.

Which do you think is the best leather when it comes to classic flaps? Caviar or Lambskin? and Why?

Lambskin looks beautiful in the begining and as long as you take care of it, it will stay nice, but if you are ruff with your bags, go with the Caviar leather... it's beautiful also, but you don't have to worry as much about the scratches.... I have both lrather and prefer the caviar for my everyday bag....

i tihnk lambskin is a evening bag sorta leather its luxurious and its great if you don't use it that often because it iwll continue to look pristine...if you are ruff it tends to look old very quickly...
caviar leather will look great even if u throw it around but it not as great looking as lambbskin....itsk inda of a tough choice..

consistently nice..or RAELLY nice but can be RAELLY bad..