Difference between Birkin and HAC?

The HAC is taller, you are right, crochetbella. It's the "original Birkin", the first bag designed by Hermes, so it's more than 100 years old. It was adapted to the Birkin style in the 80s. The HAC also has a squre turning closure, while the one on the Birkin is circular. The HAC also has shorter handles, so it can be hard to carry on your forearm, which most women do with Birkins. Also, the little "arms" that fold in front of the turning closure are thicker on the HAC.

pr1nc355 said:
The HAC is taller, you are right, crochetbella. It's the "original Birkin", the first bag designed by Hermes, so it's more than 100 years old. It was adapted to the Birkin style in the 80s. The HAC also has a squre turning closure, while the one on the Birkin is circular. The HAC also has shorter handles, so it can be hard to carry on your forearm, which most women do with Birkins. Also, the little "arms" that fold in front of the turning closure are thicker on the HAC.

I thought Bolide was the first bag designed by Hermes?

koukanamiya said:
I thought Bolide was the first bag designed by Hermes?
The bolide is the first LADIES handbag designed by hermes,:yes: the HAC is older, but was ment for carrying riding boots initially, (that is why it is taller), :flowers: a little later was adapted into a ladies bag. I personally love it.

avandome said:
The bolide is the first LADIES handbag designed by hermes,:yes: the HAC is older, but was ment for carrying riding boots initially, (that is why it is taller), :flowers: a little later was adapted into a ladies bag. I personally love it.

Aha! Thanks Avan, it all makes sense now!!:flowers: