difference between 71/2 and 8

chanell0ve

May 20, 2008
how much difference are the sizes between them? Can you tell? There is a shoe on ebay that im watching however 1 size is 37 1/2 and the the other is 38. I just want to make sure before i purchase them. Thanks ladies:smile:

I think the difference is an 1/8" lengthwise. Depending on the style it can work. I think it would be less obvious in a slingback/peeptoe style. I have tried on shoes in a 37.5 and 38 and I know for certain that I could work with a 38 in the NPs, but not the Rolando.

I have the VPs in 38 and 38.5 and there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in the two sizes, both width and lenght :yes:

I can make them both work, although ideally they would make a 38 1/4 ;)

Aha! This would actually be good for me if they were a couple sizes up - I often wish I could get a half size smaller on my left foot, because it is smaller. I understand a lot of people have a similar situation. Try some of your other shoes out - does the right one fit a little tighter than the other? If so, you should go for it, they'd probably fit you great.

I agree with Lav on this 100% if its open toe its somewhat insignificant but on a closed toe it can be a big difference and affect the slippage off the shoe.

do the stores actually sell shoes in 2 different sizes if you request it?? my right foot is a tad bit bigger than the left...

Not that I am aware of, but you can occasionally find pairs of shoes in two different sizes on ebay. My guess is they are sale finds that the buyer was not aware of until after paying for them and taking them home. The sale racks can be very chaotic and pairs get mismatched.

do the stores actually sell shoes in 2 different sizes if you request it?? my right foot is a tad bit bigger than the left...

I know Nordstrom will sell you two different sizes if they measure you and you truly measure differently. I have friends that only buy from there for that reason. I know that rule applies to shoes in womens and brass plum.

I do not know for certain if they do that on their salon/couture shoes.
My left is bigger, but not enough to measure differntly.....anyone with a great Nordstrom SA they can ask????