Difference b/w alta ariella a tallo and alta ariella talon?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,
    I am new to this, hopefully I have put this in the proper place.
    Does anyone know the difference b/w the alta ariella a tallo and alta ariella talon please? How do they fit? Have 38, 38.5 & 39 in CL. Please help!
    Thanks!:confused1:

2. Not sure what a arielle "a tallo" is...I have seen the arielle talon called the "arielle a talon" before, is that what you mean? As for sizing they seem to run small. I am a US 9, recently bought a pair in 9.5 and find them a bit tight. In CL I wear a 39.5 or 40 usually.

3. Thanks for your reply MadameFifi, I too am a cat hoarder!

I am considering purchasing an alta on ebay, and one seller told me it was a whole size smaller and the name on the box was Alta Ariella a tallo stivale. Another (including the description @ Saks) insists it is true to size because of the slightly rounded toe. The name on that one is Alta Ariella a talon. Very confusing.

Ps. What lovely kitties!

4. Awwww. thanks!:heart: The kitty in my avatar is actually just a pic I downloaded from the intertnet but the one in my siggy is all mine! One of 'em, anyway.

I honestly would recommend going up a whole size rather than a half-size. You can always wear thick socks with them if they are a bit too big.

5. Thanks so much! I was afraid you would say that....I desperately wanted the 38.5 to fit. Oh well, I'll keep looking...

6. My Ariella A Talons are a 41. My usual Loub size is 40.5 - 41.

HTH

7. I have suede arielle talons in a 38. I am a normal 7.5 and a CL 38 and they are not small at all

8. I think they are one and the same style. I got my Altas from a tPR-er, and the label on the box was practically greek--but the style was what I identified with as the alta ariella talon.

I wear 39 in VPs and took a 39 in the boots. Knee high. Or are you talking the ankle boots?

9. I thought the alta ariellas were the knee-high boot and the areille a talon is the ankle boot

10. I wear 39 in VPs and took a 39 in the boots. Knee high. Or are you talking the ankle boots?[/quote]

The knee high boots.
    Do the VPs run the same as the Prive (is there such thing as no prive)?

Thanks for the input Ladies!

11. Speaking of which... I just got a really good deal on a pair of black suede Ariella Talons. Two questions: how comfy are they? I'd had my eye on a pair of Genervas but was scared off by both the price and the horror stories I'd heard about how much they hurt. And also: the ones I'm getting have wood heels. I feel kinda weird about that, would prefer black. Has anyone here had wood heels painted? Or is that a really dumb idea?

Even though the talons have a 4.75" heel, I see they also have a 1.25" hidden platform, so they should only be like 3.5", which is the height of my Simple 85s, and I have just successfully spent my entire day walking in those :yahoo: Do the talons take any adjustment time to get used to wearing them?

Thanks everyone!