Diego piping is ripping!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    I've only had my Diego since about July and the piping along the bottom has been wearing down and now has a small hole in it. I can see the white plasticy piece underneath and I don't want it to get worse! :sad: does anybody have any suggestions to help prevent it from ripping more or know where I can have it repaired?

Attached Files:

2. Where did you buy it? Can you exchange it?

3. I have the same prob! and the stud fell out on the part where the strap is located!

4. I got it at holt renfrew in Toronto. they don't do returns after 15 days of purchase. their customer service is absolutely horrible. once you buy something and it's past 15 days, it's yours no matter what happens to it.

5. I would contact Alexander Wang customer service. They state on their website the bags have a 2 year warranty. They should repair of replace.

6. i sent them an e-mail last night. though their warranty says that the warranty doesn't cover damage from regular wear, i hope they can do something about it. i'll post what the outcome is!

7. I'm so sorry to hear about your bag! Please let us know how AW customer service responds to you- I hope they will take care of you.

8. So sorry that this has happened to you. I really think that the quality is going downhill with these bags. I really think at this rate that i won't be purchasing anymore...

9. I emailed customer care at Alexander Wang last night and they have already replied to me.

"We are very sorry to hear of your damaged handbag. Please contact Holt
    Renfrew directly for their repair or refund policy. If you experience
    any trouble please let us know and we will further assist you.
    Kind regards,
    Customer Care"

I contacted the Holt Renfrew store I got my bag at and they said that I should come in and speak to a manager and have them look at the bag. Though I know Holt won't just swap my bag for a new one, it's good to know customer care actually replies to inquiries and may be able to help. I just hope something can be done because it's a real bummer to have this happen in just a couple of months! I'll be taking the Diego to Holt hopefully by Friday and will see what happens from there.

10. I am very sorry that this happened.

11. Please let us know how Holts handles this for you - Id be some irrate if my $1000 bag had this happen to it.. reporting it and having it dealt with is the only way to make designers be responsible for the quality of their product - I hope they make it right for you :smile:
    If not send them a nice link to this thread and tell them how many women read this daily :greengrin::whistle:

12. Thanks guys! I'm taking it to Holt tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted!

13. I would not let this die.. push back no matter what answer you get. If holt doesn't come through for you, reply to AW that Holt isn't helping you and that they clearly state their bags should last for 2 years.

The ripped piping doesn't look like normal wear and tear to me.

14. thanks for the advice! i took it to holt today and i actually got to speak to the sales associate that sold me my diego and rocco. they took it to have it repaired...though when i asked how long it takes and where they send it, no one could provide an answer. she also said that holt may or may not charge..."it depends". on my receipt for the repair order she wrote "charges pending". when i get my bag back, not only should it be fixed, but without charge as well. if there is a charge...i will deal with it accordingly because these bags should be backed by their 2 year warranty.
    holt's customer service is awful and i suggest that all those in toronto/canada find somewhere to purchase their AW or any other designer bags for that matter. if all fails with them, i will be contacting AW customer care again.

15. Another update...I was told by Holt that I will have to pay for damages. I emailed AW customer care again and they requested a receipt and they will be contacting Holt Renfrew. I also recieved an e-mail from another person at AW and this is what it said :

"I hope this e-mail finds you well. I'm sorry to hear about this damage
    - we would be more than happy to RA this bag from you however we issue
    all repairs or any returns through our vendors. Please return this bag
    to Holt Renfrew and we will deal directly with them to rectify the
    situation and repair your bag.

Have a nice evening,
    Alyssa"

Does anybody know what "RA" means?