Didn't expect this from LV

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought my monogram belt 3 months ago, worn It a couple of times and then I noticed the canvas cracked in the middle of the belt.

So I texted my SA and he told me to bring It in.
    He send pictures to the repair Centre in Paris, and told me they can't fix it.

Now here is the thing... The can't repair my belt, but told me I can't have and exchange or store credit. They will give me my cracked belt back

I really didn't expect this kind of customer service, I think it's a bad thing! So I told my SA that I'm not satisfied with that answer since I'm a regular customer and that I expect a better service. After all, the belt was in new condition except for the crack in the canvas. He verified that to me while I was in the store.

So he spoke to the manager again and they're sending the pictures to the headoffice in Paris again. He told me to wait a couple of days and that he will get back to me about this.

I'm just so suprised about this. I expected the customer service better then the experience that i've had this week.

2. You should post pictures of the cracks when you retrieve your item from the store. But, I am pretty certain you will get an exchange or a store credit in the end.

3. I made a picture of the crack before I brought my belt to the store.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good ending. Your answer made me feel a little better

4. Even if the company genuinely thinks this is wear and tear, they will probably want to get rid of you / make you happy fast. I can't see this situation not ending in your favor.

5. I would be very very very surprised if they do not replace it for you.

6. Sounds like you encountered an inexperienced SA. Everyone messes up at work sometimes, but it's unfortunate when it's in a luxury store. I bet you 1 Speedy that they'll have it replaced or returned for you! 😁

7. Sorry this happened. I agree with what Fabuleux mentions above, LV will do the right thing. It might just take some persistence on your part (whihc is annoying, I know!)

8. Wow, I can't believe how inconsistent LV is to responding to premature cracking or other issues like this; some cases are immediately resolved with the SA or manager instantly replacing while others make it so painful and throw the equivalent of high-end retail temper tantrum.
    As Fabuleux said this most likely will end in your favour with either a replacement or a credit, either because it's the right thing to do, especially since you're a regular and the belt is only 3 months old, or even just to get you out of their hair.

9. I hope that they will!

10. I have my fingers crossed for you. I'm shocked how they handled this the first time you brought it in. I really hope they do the right thing in the end.

11. I'm almost certain they will replace it for you. I also had cracking issues on my crossbody damier and they replaced it right away. The bag was 3 years old too.

12. +1

13. Like others have said- in the end it will work out... It's just unfortunate that it's inconvenient and a headache to get it done. I'm not sure why it has to be this way, but it sometimes is. A 3 month old belt should not crack beyond repair. Ur store should have exchange or give store credit to u.

14. I just got a call from my SA; they are giving me a store credit all ends well... Thanks for the moral support!

15. You could always contact your credit card company as your purchase should be eligible for a chargeback if LV persist in acting silly.