didn't buy the GiGi :(

This may pale in comparison to some, but what about the cyclops tote at the outlets? The leather seems pretty durable on those, and there is a resemblance to the GiGi. Plus they are much less expensive...I think they were $140 last I checked?

Oops, forgot the link for reference (not my auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Coach-Black-Leather-Legacy-Tote-Retail-Price-428_W0QQitemZ230333417082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item230333417082&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Ha ha, once I let loose this name, I can't retract it back. :roflmfao:

I love my factory slimtote (contracting "slim" and "tote" together) and it is made of smooth and stiff glove tanned leather and it feels sturdy and solid. In that sense, I'd love to see the black original legacy slimtote someday and if it ever appears, I'd probably get it because I love the original soft Legacy leather.

I am so glad I didn't get it for $229.95 (starting bid on the eBay link above) and got it for $94.45 instead and for $107 after tax. It's such a lovely bag and the lining reminds me of raspberry punch with ice everytime I gaze down into its pretty pink depths. For me, iced raspberry punch is so summery and hot! Ha ha, it just occurred to me that you're name is RazBeri416! [Lifting a glass of Raspberry punch to toast you for retaining the cyclops tote name!] :drinkup::drinks:

For me, I like this style over the Gigi because the side zippers are such a lovely accent and the long zipper tassles hanging down on both sides is so cute.

Last edited:
Hey PitterPatter, if you like to try to wait for the cyclops tote (aka Factory Legacy Slim Tote) you could ask the SA to put your name down if/when they arrive. The style number for this beauty is F12888. (Mine was manufactured in M08-December 2008) I haven't tried putting my name down for anything but I've read elsewhere that other people have done that for Sabrina bags coming in.

I hope you like it. It doesn't have that yummy Legacy leathery smell, but it has a nice light clean leather smell if that's important to you.

It's a pretty bag and I have absolutely no regrets getting it. It's one of my most favourite bags in my collection and I will probably be using it quite often because of the size and comfort carrying it. Also, I think it's just sooooooooooooooo pretty too! And I love the deep clicking sound of the large turnlock.

Last edited:
Good luck. What colour do you think you'd like? There is the brown, black, and raspberry (with the black C lining), and probably white as well. I don't recall any other colour available.

Oooh, now you're enabling me to consider a raspberry. Since I love the colour on the inside, I want to see it on the outside too! Also, I won't even go into how many black bags I own, but black is a colour I'd never get tired of. Brown is nice but since I endured colour transfer with a dark T-shirt, I shy away from lighter colours. If I do get a raspberry, I'll make sure I wear a lighter coloured top.

Good luck and I hope you get the bag in whichever colour you like.

Actually, it was $289.99 at the NF outlet on the Canadian side. I was looking at a bag that was pretty scratched up on the front and asked to see a bag room bag. The SA brought out that bag and the pricetag showed $189.99. I asked if I could get that price and also the 50% off clearance markdown. The SA checked and decided to give this bag to me for this price. So, I got it for $50 less after the price markdown for $94.

So, it was a fluke. I don't know if the price will go down further. Good luck if you find it for this price or lower.

I have a camel Gigi and I actually like the "scratches" as it adds character. The leather is very thick and buttery soft as others have described. She's definitely my go-to bag and I don't baby my stuff.

ITA TurboFlGirl, that the scratches are lovely on the softer thicker Legacy leather. Ooh, and the scratches on the camel sound so lovely! I sometimes keep the scratches on my original legacy bags and sometimes I rub them out and condition the leather.

Unfortunately, for the factory legacy, it just looks awful on the smooth glove-tanned leather. It's a different kind of leather and a different kind of look. I am glad that I could Apple away the small scratches on this bag I got and now it looks pristine. :biggrin:

I was thinking, if you know the show or movie, The Odd Couple, the original legacy leather (on the most part) reminds me of Oscar Madison--the relax, laid-back kinda guy who can be sloppy and lazy and keep it loose. The glove-tanned leather is more like Felix Unger, the tight, OC, neat and strappy kind of guy who would never allow a scratch to appear on the leather and wants everything shiny and perfect. I like both looks and I find the glove-tanned Felix Unger leather to be pretty and elegant and I love to relax and get loose with my original Legacy Oscar Madison bags too.

Last edited:
That's weird! If you get the original legacy slimtote, that's great! I wouldn't say, "no," to Legacy stripes or the original legacy styled bag if it looks good on you. I tried the original whiskey and it looked awful on me whereas the factory version in black looked really classy.

^^^^ The SA was wrong. The Factory Slim Tote (Style # F12888) was produced in Gardenia. It is NOT the same leather as the Gigi.

The only Gigis (Style # 11131) you'll find in the outlets right now are Camel-colored, unless a Black/Teal/Clay one comes back as the odd return.

There was a slim tote produced in the original Legacy leather, but it's long gone from the outlets. To avoid confusion, I use the style number and not the name of the bag when I'm calling to check stock at an outlet. Many SAs do not know bag names, and if they have to look it up in the computer, they need the style number.

If you want a Factory Slim Tote, I wouldn't wait too long. The selection is dwindling, especially in leather. I've only seen Signature fabric ones the last few times I've stopped. The brown and raspberry colors seemed to sell quickly in this area. You may have to call around to a few outlets before you find what you want.