Didn't Bal offer a longer strap for the city last year?

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
I could of sworn someone posted a thread showing a long city strap last year. I believe they said it was being offered at some Bal stores.
So today, I emailed Bal asking about if it was still available at any of their US, or international stores. I was clear in stating that I know this particular strap was offered at one time.
This is the reply I received;

"Dear ,
Thank you for your email.
We can only offer replacement parts that belong to the handbag originally purchased. This is to maintain the integrity of our original designs and the way in which our handbags were intended to be worn.
You may be interested in our City S style which is a new shape that is only slightly smaller than that of our City size and comes with a cross-body strap.
Kind regards,
BALENCIAGA Online Store Customer Care

I don't understand? The longer strap was offered for the city. So what does bag integrity have to do with it??

Really want a cross-body strap for my black city.

Yep, they did offer a longer strap for sale (we had some members posted pics too). I tried searching for that thread now but couldn't find it. Last summer, I inquired about it while shopping at the Bal store (in the US) and was shown the straps by the SA (they were around maybe $189 each). So they DID exist (lol). I don't know why they would give you such a strange reply -- perhaps they are all sold out so they no longer exist in the (inventory) system -- therefore, the rep made up an answer. Have you tried callling your local store?

Reactions: BPC
I could of sworn someone posted a thread showing a long city strap last year. I believe they said it was being offered at some Bal stores.
So today, I emailed Bal asking about if it was still available at any of their US, or international stores. I was clear in stating that I know this particular strap was offered at one time.

"Dear ,
We can only offer replacement parts that belong to the handbag originally purchased. This is to maintain the integrity of our original designs and the way in which our handbags were intended to be worn.
You may be interested in our City S style which is a new shape that is only slightly smaller than that of our City size and comes with a cross-body strap.
Kind regards,

I don't understand? The longer strap was offered for the city. So what does bag integrity have to do with it??

If you read through this thread it says they were available as a promo in Japan but later available in the US, at least at some stores...
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/long-strap-for-the-city.846215/

Reactions: helenNZ and BPC
Yep, they did offer a longer strap for sale (we had some members posted pics too). I tried searching for that thread now but couldn't find it. Last summer, I inquired about it while shopping at the Bal store (in the US) and was shown the straps by the SA (they were around maybe $189 each). So they DID exist (lol). I don't know why they would give you such a strange reply -- perhaps they are all sold out so they no longer exist in the (inventory) system -- therefore, the rep made up an answer. Have you tried callling your local store?

I think the email came from my local store.. sigh..

E-mail and ask balenciaga.com in France, they are usually not handing out unsolicited for lessons in random Bal company design integrity when asked a simple question about a product. Your local Bal clearly haven't seen Pollie-Jean wearing her bags or they wouldn't have written that about how their handbags "were intended to be worn" :rolleyes:

Somebody sold a strap like this on Vestiaire just some days ago but I just looked and it seems to have been sold already.

Reactions: muchstuff and BPC
E-mail and ask balenciaga.com in France, they are usually not handing out unsolicited for lessons in random Bal company design integrity when asked a simple question about a product. Your local Bal clearly haven't seen Pollie-Jean wearing her bags or they wouldn't have written that about how their handbags "were intended to be worn" :rolleyes:

Somebody sold a strap like this on Vestiaire just some days ago but I just looked and it seems to have been sold already.

Yeah, it was kind of an odd email. But to be honest, I've had my share of weird responses from them. It's always a toss up- never sure if they'll be helpful or not.

Good idea about the Bal in France. Going to email them in a few.

So I emailed a bunch of different Bal stores this morning and only one, the South Coast Plaza store replied.

But they only have the longer strap available in black goat skin with gold hardware, and grey lamb in rh.
So if anyone owns either of those bags (no idea which grey), and want a longer strap, you can always call south coast plaza and ask for Tiffany.

Reactions: Iamminda
I was at a local store and when asked about the strap i was told they have to do some research. Thank you for sharing this. I hope to land one in black in classic hardware! Wish I had jumped on it last year or so when I first heard it was at South Coast Plaza :sad:

"Dear ,
Kind regards,

Hope you can track one down! I love to carry my City and my Box with my Velo strap. I guess there's one plus side to me having such a boring (to some) Bal collection... :smile: (All but two of my Bals are varying styles/years of classic black. :rolleyes:)

Reactions: BPC
Hope you can track one down! I love to carry my City and my Box with my Velo strap. I guess there's one plus side to me having such a boring (to some) Bal collection... :smile: (All but two of my Bals are varying styles/years of classic black. :rolleyes:)

I thought of using my velo strap with my city's- unfortunately, my velo is in Anthra with RGGH while my city's are all black with every other hardware..lol
I'm waiting on a longer strap from Bal now though.

I thought of using my velo strap with my city's- unfortunately, my velo is in Anthra with RGGH while my city's are all black with every other hardware..lol
I'm waiting on a longer strap from Bal now though.
That's great, I'm so glad you found one! Realizing I could use my Velo strap with my other bags pretty much changed my life. Lol You're gonna love it! :tup:

UPDATE:

Placed my order for the long, black, rh strap yesterday. I chose two day delivery so should get it by Wednesday and will post pics if anyone's interested.

The strap is 165 USD plus tax if there's a Bal in your state. I don't know what additional charges international orders incur.
Standard delivery is free (for US orders), but I paid an additional $30 for 2nd day since I'd like to have it before Thursday.

The only caveat is that they check their system to confirm you're an existing customer. Since I've purchased various moto bags, and slg's from them, I wasn't concerned. I'm also not 100% sure they're strictly adhering to this policy. But if you've never purchased directly from Bal, it's something you should know (because apparently I did have a customer #.)

If anyone's interested in the strap, just send me a PM and I'll let you know which store, and the sweet sales rep. who helped me.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! :flowers: