Did your ring size change after having kids??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am thinking about getting an eternity style stacking ring to commemorate the birth of my first. I have never owned an eternity style ring and am nervous about the fact that they can't really be resized. I know that fingers swell DURING pregnancy, but when all is said and done, do fingers go back to their original size? I would love to hear from as many people as I can!

2. Hi, I couldnt wear my wedding band and engagement rings in the last 2 months before delivery and first 3 months after. I back to my pre-pregnancy weight already and now the rings fit =) Why dont you consider buying the ring after the birth, just to be doubling sure. Good Luck.

3. I never had issues with swelling and wore my rings throughout my pregnancy. My fingers never changed size. Same thing with my feet, same size as before I had kids. BUT maybe you should wait until after your baby is here, just to make sure?

4. my fingers do seem plumper since i had my baby girl. i can wear my rings but they feel tight sometimes. im pretty much back to what i weighed when i got pregnant and they fit fine then, were even a tad bit loose, but now they are snug....weird!!

so yeah i suggest that you wait until after the birth and then a few months to be really sure what size you will wear. :smile:

5. My fingers were a tad bit swollen at the end of my pregnancy until about 6 weeks post partum, then they went back to normal!

6. My knuckles actually expanded permanently from pregnancy. I can't wear my very thick wedding band at all - I can't get it over the knuckle. My thinner engagement ring takes a bit of work, but I can get it over the knuckle (it's just not super comfortable). I'm trying to talk DH into getting us new rings to celebrate our anniversary next year.

7. Mine were the same after

8. It's 4 months after and I still can't fit into my rings. My fingers got very swollen during pregnancy. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I know that it will go down. I would wait until after you have the baby to get a ring.

9. no, mine didn't. It did DURING pregnancy but didn't stay larger after. I had 2 normal pregnancies, I'd guess they fit fine again before or within 6-12 weeks. Now my feet! A whole nother story! :biggrin:

10. I have an eternity style wedding ring and I can't wear it with my engagement ring...But my engagement ring also has an eternity setting and it still fits me...I'm 8 mths pregnant btw and hoping that they both fit again after i give birth!

11. My fingers and feet never went back down even after returning to pre-pregnancy weight.

Started size 6 1/2 shoes, now 7 1/2 (4 kids)
    Started size 6 ring, now 7.

12. Once I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight with DS, my rings were able to fit. (About 4 weeks).

13. I had forgotten that I posted this! Pregnancy brain - LOL! So, it appears that there is no rhyme or reason to it . . . I am definitely going to wait until after I give birth. I am also worried that after future pregnancies (not just this one), my ring size may go up and then whatever ring I had gotten after the first won't fit. Maybe it would be best if I stuck with non-eternity style rings until after I am finished having kids. I know that feet grow and don't go back. My mom went from an 8.5 to a 10 in shoes after having three kids. I too am starting at an 8.5 - gulp!

14. Nope. Stayed the same during and after pregnancy.

15. my feet stayed the same or maybe shrank...as weird as that sounds. i was an 8.5 and now im an 8, 3 kiddos later. my wrists are the same size, but my fingers are plump...*sigh*

and yeah maybe waiting on a band that can't be sized is a good plan. :smile: