Did you stop buying/using contemporary bags once you go luxury?

I only have a few luxury bags, but yes, I still buy Coach, Dooney, etc. Once in a blue moon, I even buy sub-contemporary bags like Guess and Calvin Klein. My pockets aren't deep enough to only buy luxury bags. And there are some things I'd rather do at lower price points. I have some trouble pairing colored bags with outfits. I can experiment with color at $300 rather than $3000, thankyouverymuch.

I think luxury is great and fun, but I don't think the move to luxury negates the value of contemporary bags. There are some functions that contemporary bags and even sub-contemporary bags are just better at.

I still buy Furla, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch bags.

Lately I just bought:
1. Furla piper mini dome satchel in malachite
2. Kate spade ivy drive small loryn in dusty peony
3. Tory Burch buckle brilliant tote in kir royale

Their qualities are amazing and the colors are so pretty. If I'm just running errands or go to the mall near my neighborhood, I can just grab this bag comfortably. Sometimes those designer bags draw people's attention and you just don't want that all the time. So yeah, there are time when contemporary handbags are comfortable options.

I only have a few luxury bags, but yes, I still buy Coach, Dooney, etc. Once in a blue moon, I even buy sub-contemporary bags like Guess and Calvin Klein. My pockets aren't deep enough to only buy luxury bags. And there are some things I'd rather do at lower price points. I have some trouble pairing colored bags with outfits. I can experiment with color at $300 rather than $3000, thankyouverymuch.

I think luxury is great and fun, but I don't think the move to luxury negates the value of contemporary bags. There are some functions that contemporary bags and even sub-contemporary bags are just better at.
I agree!

I have some LV, Gucci, and MCM but most of my collection are contemporary designers like Coach, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, Michael Kors. I also have some from Loungefly because I love their fun bags like Star Wars, Disney, and Marvel. So basically I will never stop buying contemporary or sub. There are certain situations like going to Disney World where I just can't see myself carrying my Speedy (not exactly park friendly or practical).

I still buy Furla, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch bags.

Lately I just bought:
1. Furla piper mini dome satchel in malachite
2. Kate spade ivy drive small loryn in dusty peony
3. Tory Burch buckle brilliant tote in kir royale

Their qualities are amazing and the colors are so pretty. If I'm just running errands or go to the mall near my neighborhood, I can just grab this bag comfortably. Sometimes those designer bags draw people's attention and you just don't want that all the time. So yeah, there are time when contemporary handbags are comfortable options.

I totally agree! Sometimes the contemporary bags offer fun options which luxury items don't or, even if they offer a fun option it's prohibitively expensive for me.
Last month I even bought a no-name linen handbag which I love!

I haven't switched over. I have bags from Ferragamo and Mulberry. And way more Coach bags. Especially since Coach is lining so many bags in leather right now,.

I also have a few Kate Spade bags, and Fossil bags, and some contemporary indie brands.

I think generally speaking the more expensive bags are nicer. But Coach bags are well made too!

I wouldn't switch over to "premier" only, for a myriad of reasons.....

Stopped completely but for shoes will buy contemporary only.
Agree. I have a few premier brand shoes but I don't have the "bug" for them at all.
I still have one Rebecca Minkoff, and my hubby got me Proenza Schouler crossbody this year. I like them as much as my lux bags.
Proenza Schouler is a premier brand.