Did you read this book: It's in the Bag: What Purses Reveal---And Conceal?

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
Here is a book review and in it the woman writes about settling for a fake Vuitton since she was waitlisted for the real thing, but never got called! I haven't read the book: It's in the Bag: What Purses Reveal---And Conceal, but it seems interesting.

Here is an excerpt:

"...but in the end, to my shame, I was not able to make my peace with its second-class status. After a few outings, it was relegated to a high shelf, where it rested with authentic bags of seasons past..."

The full review is here: http://www.powells.com/review/2007_05_01.html

oooh I bought and read this book last year - in one night! It's really good and I totally recommend it to anyone interested. It tells a lot about the history and psychology of handbags and what it says about the person carrying it. A lot of stuff about Freud. But very interesting!

I think i would like to read the book.But it sounds a little too mellow dramatic,i mean,to write about this?It happens to a lot of people,but its not book material.
But maybe she wrote because she really had a lot to say.

oooh I bought and read this book last year - in one night! It's really good and I totally recommend it to anyone interested. It tells a lot about the history and psychology of handbags and what it says about the person carrying it. A lot of stuff about Freud. But very interesting!

I think im gonna read it too then.Im gonna go at Chapters tommorow then.

Aw I love the cover with the Birkin! Doesn't sound too melodramatic to me, but loving_couture: if you read it, let me know if it's worth buying? The cover alone makes me want to get it but I'm unsure...Sounds like an interesting, fun read!