Did you pick out your own engagement ring?

Did you pick out your own engagement ring?

• Yes, I picked out the ring myself.

• No, the proposal was a total surprise and so was the ring.

• I gave enough hints so DF knew exactly what to get me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kathd

O.G.
Jan 23, 2011
I thought it might be fun to share whether you picked out your e-ring yourself, whether your DF totally surprised you or whether you gave him enough hints so he would propose with the ring of your dreams... :smile:

I'll start:
the proposal was a total surprise and so was the ring. I seriously had no idea. But I must admit tough, if I were to pick it out myself, I would have chosen the exact same one... :smile:

DH doesn't surprise me with items. He likes breathing too much. He "surprised" me with the proposal but we already had the ring figured out.

Ame - that made me laugh out loud!! :smile:

QUOTE=ame;20484593]DH doesn't surprise me with items. He likes breathing too much. He "surprised" me with the proposal but we already had the ring figured out.[/QUOTE]

He surprised me with the proposal...he just presented the cushion cut stone. We went to a jeweler the next day to design my e-ring...another surprise. I actually cried over the sketch! :P

OH proposed very recently - total surprise and he chose the ring himself. The ring was gorgeous but didnt fit and would have taken over 12 weeks to be re-made.

Whilst we were in the jewellers debating whether to wait, we started looking at other rings and he discovered some others that he hadnt looked at last time. He asked me to try another, we both loved it and there was only 2 week wait to have it in my size - so after long discussion, we jointly decided on this ring.

I still love the first ring he chose and am totally bowled over that a) he proposed! and b) chose the ring all by himself. That said, it was lovely to try on other rings together and jointly choose the ring I ended up with :smile:

I thought it might be fun to share whether you picked out your e-ring yourself, whether your DF totally surprised you or whether you gave him enough hints so he would propose with the ring of your dreams... :smile:

I'll start:
the proposal was a total surprise and so was the ring. I seriously had no idea. But I must admit tough, if I were to pick it out myself, I would have chosen the exact same one... :smile:
I actually thought my DH was breaking up with me but he proposed instead lol :lol: I never gave hints or even looked at rings, he did it all on his on and its what I would have picked out!

My engagement and ring were both a surprise and the ring was not my taste at all. My DH is a good sport though, and we reset after our wedding and upgraded on our 5th anniversary.

I think I need another option. I didn't give hints, but I was a hard one to pick for. I have very... unique taste. He actually got the ring on my hand (with a different stone) and the stone he wanted he checked by having me try earrings that were made with the same stone, so he checked, gauged my responses, but he chose. Which option should I pick?