Did you miss being pregnant, or just want another baby?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok. I just had my son exactly a month ago. You know how everyone tells you that "You'll miss being pregnant." Well, I do. I miss having a big belly, and feeling a baby kick around inside me.
    My S/O is slightly horrified at the fact that I want to be pregnant again, because it's just so soon. But I want another baby. Does this make me insane?
    I told S/O last night "I miss being pregnant." and he said "Oh god, are you serious?" and I said "Kinda." he says "Let me think about it."
    But then today, he pointed at my belly and said "Baby" and pointed at our son, and said "Baby" I think he might have jinxed it! He sounded happy about it, but then today he told me jokingly "I'm gonna kick your a$$ if you're pregnant again." so I don't know what that means, who knows, he's a man.

I don't know if I can get pregnant, because I'm breastfeeding, it might take six months for me to get my period back, but I've heard a lot of people say that you should wait for a year or two to get pregnant again, because of the toll that it takes on your body, but for the past week I've been thinking about it more and more.

So, my question to you ladies is, do you think having another one so soon is a bad idea? Do you think it would be too much work?
    I love taking care of my son, he's a dream, I couldn't ask for a more well behaved baby, and it's not that he's not enough, but I just love being a mom, and wouldn't mind another one. I don't know if it's me being all hormonal, but I can't stop thinking about it.
    Some advice, or something, please ladies?

2. i feel the same way! i have a 7 month old and want another and miss being pregnant. :sad: i am going to wait for a bit though, another year or two and see how i feel then. sorry, not much help, but at least ur not alone! and i apologize, but i would kill my bf if he said that to me!

3. I know right! I told him "It's not MY fault." Even though the doctor said no postpartum intercourse for six weeks..I caved.
    Idk if that's going to do some damage, I feel OK, otherwise I wouldn't do it! :P
    But he said "Whatever happens, happens."
    I doubt I could get pregnant now, but you never know.

4. I have 2 and I miss being pregnant! It was wonderful! I waited a while before getting pregnant with our second. We'll wait a couple years for the third too though. You can still get pregnant!! We have a friend who was breastfeeding and got pregnant literally 7 weeks after having her first!!!!! :nuts:

5. Really? Omg. You know how you bleed after you give birth, for up to four weeks they say, well after my SO and I started having intercourse, it turned to a brownish type color, and now it stopped, so I don't know what that means, but that's..I don't know if it's exciting, or..scary! :s

6. I miss being preggy! Sigh :girlsigh:For my 1st pregnancy, i actually had it quite good. No vomitting, no being sick. In fact, it was a breeze. As for my 2nd pregnancy, well, I had it real bad. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I was ill half of the times, I had bleeding, I had to be hospitalised. But now after delivering, I missed being PREGNANT. I can't believe it myself. But time after time, I look at my 6 mth old girl, I have this teeny tiny thought in my head. Hahhhhh! To be pregnant again

7. I miss being pregnant too! I loved feeling my little one kick and tumble inside of me!

But I won't have another one anytime soon, since a newborn is a lot of work. I miss being able to sleep through the night. I've been sleep deprived since he was born, and it shows because I've noticed wrinkles on my face. lol

8. sorry but i hated being pregnant probably due to the fact i was sooooo ugly !! but for you what agood sign that you miss being pregnant shows you and your body enjoyed the pregnancy :wlae:

9. I have two kids, one is 26 months and the other is 7 months so they're 19 months apart. Having two so close together has been very, very trying for my husband and I. I love the two of them and at times it can be a whole lot of fun but at other times I am extremely exhausted and frazzled. Right now my 2 year old is going through a horrible jealousy phase and wants all of my time. Trying to tend to the two of them leaves me feeling like I am going insane.

All that being said, I am one of those who loves being pregnant and I do miss it, especially since I am "done" now that I have my boy and girl. Nevertheless, I am also one of those who do not do well in Labor and Delivery (24 plus hours with baby #1, and almost an emergency Csection with baby #2) so I just have to remind myself that the baby would have to come out one way or another and I am CURED! LOL

If you want more info. on what it's like to have two very little ones running around shoot me a PM.

:smile:

10. I really do miss being pregnant too. I already have 2 babies 19 months apart and it's not that bad for me. I can get a little frazzled at times but it is mostly good. I do want another baby because I want a boy (I have 2 girls) But of course there is no guarantee for a boy if you get pregnant :P

I also have thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) when I am pregnant. I have had 2 c-sections under general anesthesia because I cannot have an epidural or spinal, they say it may bleed into the spine.

Well since I have some crazy complications and have be put under I know I should never be pregnant again. My last delivery was not smooth for my daughter either.. since I had the general she was not breathing well at first and there was quite a scare. I heard about all this when I finally woke up.

So yeah.. I don't want to put another baby or myself at risk. It's just not worth it.

But I do miss the kicking and moving around.. it's such an awesome feeling :smile:

11. I just miss being pregnant. I loved all the attention I received and the free food. LOL. I though I wanted another one too but i just missed the feeling of being pregnant

12. They told you there was a risk of it bleeding into your epidural spot? HA.
    You're lucky. They let a trainee do my epidural, and he backed out TWICE. After that, I had to have a blood patch done because it bled into the epidural spot, and that one didn't work, so I had to have ANOTHER one done. UGH.

Anyways! mschbby I think that my body did like being pregnant, I mean-beside the HORRID stretchmarks that I got, I only gained 26lbs, and have already lost it, so maybe my body DID like being pregnant!! Too weird!:nuts:
    I don't know if I could get pregnant again right now (there is a slight possibility that I already am) but I kind of what to! Idk if my SO would approve so soon, but I loved being prego! I couldn't fit into maternity jeans because they were too big, but hey, that's a good thing :P

13. You definitely could get pregnant again, my SIL was pregnant 3 months after my first nephew was born! She was breastfeeding and didn't think it could happen! Now she has 2 baby boys 12 months apart!

14. I loved being pregnant with each of my kids. I think that I had the easiest deliveries ever. I had each of my kids in less than 2 1/2 hours naturally. (I have a 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 girls and a 5 month old baby boy). As much as I would love to have another one, I happy with what I have. I keep thinking to the future of all the allowances, clothes, uniforms when they enter high school, miscellaneous items and the costs of university and college. I'll have at least 2 children in post-secondary education at the same time. That makes me not to want any to have any more kids. So my 3 is just perfect for me. And at least I can say that I'm done having kids at the age of 30.

15. Yes and yes. Your son is only 1 month old and he may be a dream baby, but the little darlings have a tendency to become more and more demanding and it is very exhausting. I can understand you missing the feeling of being pregnant, but if I were you I would give it some time. It's better to miss the feeling than go ahead and become pregnant too soon, only to be totally overwhelmed by a situation that you may not have been prepared for. I'm not trying to be a party pooper but I think being pregnant and giving birth is the easy part, it's the raising that is the really hard work. Good luck with whatever you decide and congratulations on the birth of your son.:flowers: