Did you know...

Coach is a brand that many women would struggle to afford or at least to justify, so I can see that in pure numbers of people who aspire to have one it would be higher. Hermes is so high end that most women wouldn't even consider it. Interesting that Coach is #1 and LV #2 because in the subforums here it is often mentioned that people who like one of these two brands like the other as well.

Plus they are going by number of web searches - Coach and other mid-range fans often have large collections so they would be searching more often to see what's new, compared to people who look for a Hermes, find what they want and then don't go back on the web for it for a long time.

In Europe, Coach is certainly not number 1....Most Europeans have never heard of the brand.
As for Hermes.....the prices are so high that I doubt it is number 7!
It's certainly a geographic thing!

Be aware this is only a software analysis of online searches, and it is simply a product being promoted to do this function. It has no validity as an index of what happens in stores, i.e., as a measure of what is actually sold. Apparently, it also has no independent verification of its own quality as an index, either.

Nonetheless, very interesting and a good predicting tool for brands

I think I am wholly responsible for making the UK the handbag search hot-spot of the entire world, and why Gucci is at number 4 rather than 10th :biggrin:

As the article says, which brand is searched for is still a matter of locality. For the fist time I have seen a stand alone Coach store in London (although no one was in there when I peeped in) and they now have a presence in dept stores so I am sure Coach are pushing to up their non-US market share.

I think most people put Hermes out of their minds, never mind about croc. Those that are searching are prob more looking for eye-candy rather than with a view to buy. Not many are willing to pay $7-10K for a leather bag whether they can afford or not. In fact tpf is in parallel universe in terms of what goes on in the handbag world.

Hmmm.. most sought after..

In Finland I would say Chanel is no:1 at the moment, absolutely everyone seems to be wanting to have one, then 2:nd Louis Vuitton going steady and younger women seem to preciciate Guess most.

Seems possible it could be geographical.

It may also be statistical by the number of bags manufactured or sold during the course of the year.

Let’s face, the price of a Coach when compared to Hermes is vast. I would only assume the number of actual Coach bags sold within a year is much greater than that of Hermes.

I feel like Hermes is a thing with people but for me I really don't get it *shrugs* The style is quite nice but I admit, I am don't really lust after it. It's one of those things I feel is more a matter of exclusivity.