Did you know your proposal was coming?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Or was it a complete surprise? :nuts:

2. I totally knew it was coming, because we had talked about it. I mean, after all, I wasn't going to leave Holland for nothing!! I had already been to the states twice for him, so it had better be serious for me to come back...especially since I preferred living in Europe. :smile: But My little sweet angel chihuahua baby was a complete surprise when I got here!!

3. i knew it was going to happen, but didn't realize it would happen so soon. i was expecting a holiday proposal and got one in the spring! :nuts:

all my friends and family knew though. suprise suprise. i was actually really impressed that they were able to keep it from me. heheh.

4. it was no suprise at all. i'm not a romantic person, and we've been living together for 5 years, we're basically married.

5. I knew it was coming because I was the one who proposed :lol: . I figured I'd be waiting around forever if I left it up to him.

The conversation went something like this (we had already discussed marriage previously so this wasn't totally out of the blue - we'd been together for about 4 years at that point and were living together)...

Me: "So, what would you say if I asked you to marry me?"
    Him: "Yes".
    Me: "Okay, so will you marry me?"
    Him: "Sure".

Him (a couple of days later): "So, do you, like, want a ring or something?"
    Me: "Damn right" (and then I went and chose a wedding set).

We're deeply romantic, as you can tell :rolleyes: .

6. I new the moment I laid eyes on him. I told my co-worker at the time, cuz he was my boss. That man is looking for a wife and he is going to ask me to marry him, naturally she thought that I was crazy. I could tell by the way he looked at me, he still looks at me the same way. 13 days from the time that I met him we were married. We married and then we went and stayed in the Gallaria in Dallas and he bought my wedding ring at Tiffany's. World wind. Married 6 years and still together and in love. Would I advise people to marry that quickly of course not, but praying about it made my decision for me. I just new that it was right. Marriage is not easy, but it can be worth it, if you are both willing to make it work. :love: :love: :love:

7. We had been living together at that point for 5 years and always talked about getting hitched. But he wanted it to be a romantic proposal so he had to plan it - I just was never sure exactly when or how - just knew it was coming.

8. Kinda. We talked about our future and that we wanted to be together and stuff like that so he asked me if I want to get married to him someday and I said yes. He still wants to get me a diamond ring though. I have a ruby one right now.

9. One of my good friends knew exactly when it was coming -- right after her comprehensive Ph.D. exams when she went on a weekend trip to New England with her SO. She knew b/c she basically told him when she wanted him to do it, lol.

I would rather be at least a little surprised, but this girl is super organized and liked to carefully plan everything.

10. I love your story, it's so cute. :love:

11. ^^^Thanks, Vuittongirl!

12. Can you ladies tell I have REALLY got marriage on the brain?! lol

13. Yes!! All these threads about SO's and marraige are getting a bit depressing for me, lol. But it's fun to live vicariously through everybody elses romantic stories:girlsigh:

14. I knew we were going to get engaged but I just had a feeling that he was going to ask me that night at dinner. He was just acting different and so was my room-mate.

15. Annie, your questions have definitely got a specific theme as of late! LOL!

Well, I *kind of* knew.
    He had said he'd never want to go ring shopping, that he thought it should be partly something HE picks out. But we did sit down and I did draw somethings I was interested in. I had always metioned I wanted a Princess cut so that if he never asked at least he's get that part right! LOL!
    The night he proposed. . . I never saw that coming.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice