Did you guys hear . . .

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
SwankyMamaof3 said:
They need to be monitored, maybe they need a team that has to approve certain auctions before going live{?}
This USED to be the case!!! eBay used to have folks who "authenticated" high-end products (such as Louis Vuitton or Hermes). I would imagine, given the high costs of Technology folks, these 'authenticators' probably got "axed" to leave or outsourced (such is the lament in my field).

mya

Happiness is a Bag
O.G.
Nov 26, 2005
Malaysia
I still buy bags from ebay. Mainly cheap thrills like lesportsacs. Luv ebay, but they really need to at least try harder to stop the fakes. I cringed everytime I see a fake designer, IRL or on ebay, just can't stand those !!

baglady

R.I.P. 1992-2006
O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
U.S.A.
I bet eBAY response will go something like this: "Tiffany Co. go sue the individual sellers! eBAY did not make the claim that the bracelets or whatever are authentic, the sellers did. eBay provides a service allowing people to come together at one place called ebay.com to sell and buy products. Any misrepresentation is solely the responsibility of the seller."

Guess what? I agree. I think Tiffany should take the sellers to court and sue them like $1 million dollars or so in punitive damages alone and I bet some people would think twice about selling fake stuff.

People get away with selling fake stuff because no one is enforcing strict punishment.

On the other hand, I do think that eBAY should be fined for failing to investigate and resolve matters where people claimed to have been duped by scrupulous buyers. If they know and let the buyers continue to sell on their website, then eBAY too should be sued for millions.

Business like eBay doesn't care as long as they are making money, but when they get fined in the millions which will cut into profits, I bet they will do some things differently.

shopalot

somebody stop me!
O.G.
Jan 23, 2006
Toronto
baglady said:
I bet eBAY response will go something like this: "Tiffany Co. go sue the individual sellers! eBAY did not make the claim that the bracelets or whatever are authentic, the sellers did. eBay provides a service allowing people to come together at one place called ebay.com to sell and buy products. Any misrepresentation is solely the responsibility of the seller."

Guess what? I agree. I think Tiffany should take the sellers to court and sue them like $1 million dollars or so in punitive damages alone and I bet some people would think twice about selling fake stuff.

People get away with selling fake stuff because no one is enforcing strict punishment.

On the other hand, I do think that eBAY should be fined for failing to investigate and resolve matters where people claimed to have been duped by scrupulous buyers. If they know and let the buyers continue to sell on their website, then eBAY too should be sued for millions.

Business like eBay doesn't care as long as they are making money, but when they get fined in the millions which will cut into profits, I bet they will do some things differently.
I agree with your comments.

You must remember that we live in a free society and because we have these rights, more often than not it is abused.

I love e-bay I think the whole concept is great. However I do think that they need to take some responsibility in investigating claims.

I think that everyone who is looking for a LV or other high end item regardless if the seller has listed it as "authentic" Needs to think to themselves, this item retails for $1000 and they are selling it for $100, somethings up???:evil: