Did you ever suddenly love something you had disliked before? If so, do tell>

(Resurrecting this thread too!)

For me (at least as of Jan 24, 2008)... and more a matter of want (need!) than like/love...

Do-not-want/need --> WANT!
- Cashmere shawls (thought too matronly, but now think they are superstylish)
- Light coloured Birkin (not so practical for dirty NYC)
- Toile Kelly (again, not so practical)
- Globetrotter
- China (at some point I realized the $25 set from Kmart wasn't going to cut it anymore)

Want --> Do-not-want/need
- CDC bracelet (I don't think I can pull it off)
- Lindy (so cute on the shelf, looks terrible on me)
- Leather bookmark
- Cape Cod watch
- Scarf rings
- Silver jewelry (trop cher)

There are several bags that I didn't like on first (or second or third!) glance but after pics here now have started to want. Lindy seemed funny at first but then I loved the scrunchiness. Evelyne initially did nothing for me, now I'm starting to love the casual vibe. I had no desire for a CDC until I saw the graphite croc. Several scarf patterns, etc.

Am I the only one? Am I going to change my mind on the things I can still resist!?!?

You are def not the only one!!!! I told my husband that he would never have to worry about me bringing home any big orange boxes. I just didn't seem to like bags that I had to hand carry. I have always loved shoulder bags....until now!!! Can't get enough of the lovely, lovely Birkins!!!!;)

well I think that's the power of TPF right there!

Initially I came here to research the Birkin, I achieved something major in my work and that seemed like a great way to commemorate my achievement. Turns out I don't like the B (cowering before a herd of rodeo charms comes to trample me :P)

B just really isn't my style, I don't carry handbags usually-I like shoulder straps and cross body, more North/South styles etc. I like the HAC 32cm and 25cm exotics but I don't think either is my near or very far future. I bought a Massai GM and am very happy!

I do love the scarves and shawls much more than I ever thought I could. I thought they were not my style but of course there's something for everyone and I am obsessed with the artistry that goes into them. I knew I loved the leather bracelets and have happily started a little collection. I disliked the Clic Clac until trying on the XL which is now mine but I don't think I'm going to collect a bunch of them. I thought I would be happy with a leather CDC but then my charming SA let me try on an exotic and now that's all I'm interested in even if it means waiting quite a while for them.

Mostly I'm just excited to have found so much to look forward to! :biggrin:

For me, the CDC. I thought they were "gaudy" until I came across a great deal on one from a lovely TPFer and took the plunge. Now I have two that I wear all the time and I am obsessing about a black one and a white one with PHW!

I was the same way with the Lindy. Didn't think it was for me at all. I really didn't like the look of it. Until I found the right leather (swift) and size (30) for me. I can't seem to switch purses since I got it last July!

For me it's the shoulder birkin. I used to think they were unwieldy and awkward looking, and would not look good on smaller frames. I've turned down one before at the store, preferring the "real" birkins. But lately especially on trips I've been wishing I can sling my regular birkins over my shoulder. So recently I picked up a pre-loved white clemence JPGI and have been using it the most of any bags. It is just so convenient! Am now on the lookout for a JPGII...

I thought the Lindy was a joke. A fortune cookie inspired. Now I have 2! It turns out to be very functional and practical with multitiple pockets inside and outside, in addition to the hand carry and shoulder carry option.

Reactions: lifeactually