Did you Born Rich???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not born into money, but was raised richly with love and support from my parents. Somewhere in my mid thirties I started earning what I consider to be serious money, and I am fortunate that I have been able to purchase the essentials (home, cars) with cash and occasionally splurge on a big ticket item like a Louie or a Chloe or a Harley (oh boy was that one a mistake!) but I truly believe most rich people need to live a season "poor" where the phone and the lights get turned off, and the only meal you can afford is hot dogs or mac&cheese just so they can truly appreciate what they have. I thank the Lord every day for my husband, my family, and for gifting this good life to me!

LondonBrat said:
Money can go very easily. My closest friends father went bankrupt and the lost their houses and their cars. I found my self about to type "they lost everything", but they didnt really. Thier name helped them re-establish themselves.
I second you on that. My family had similar circumstances but my parents never spared anything when it came to providing for my education and/or helping me establish myself as a person (regardless of wealth). We may not be as rich as we could have been had circumstances been different but my education and the values my parents have taught me will take me further in the world than a big fat checkbook and no sense would have.

LondonBrat said:
Being able to navigate yourself around the Paris metro, the Vienna subway U-Bahn, wearing not the last designer bag because "everyone else does" but because you love the leather and remembering your personal SA's name that u request at Harrods, by name, is.

And you don't need to be uber-rich to have that. When I was a "poor" student who didn't want to ask her parents for money when I wanted to buy stuff, I still knew my SAs by name and they've always greeted me by name when I come by.

I wish I had been born ultra-rich, if only so I could empathise with Tiffany28 and give her some support in this thread. I imagine there are a lot of issues that rich kids run into that are extremely difficult: What if your bodyguard tattles on you to your parents? What if your parents have zillions, and give you no allowance? Or free rein on their money? What if your parents accumulated their money in illegal or unethical ways? And what if your parents are so busy, they give you no time, no affection, no love?

I imagine that some people have grown up in circumstances that seem fabulous to everyone else, but really are not "all that." And it has got to make it harder for kids of the ultra-rich to connect with everyone else. Or even to just a handful of people. Because everyone needs a friend or two who really understands where she's coming from.

coco-nut said:
I wish I had been born ultra-rich, if only so I could empathise with Tiffany28 and give her some support in this thread.

I don't mean to offend, but where I come from, it's considered ultra-tacky and "nouveau riche" to go and state exactly what she did.

And I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have been brought up with love, care and lots and lots and lots of great memories with your family. Agree 100% with those that say they are rich in the heart, regardless of wealth. :love:

Note: When I say in my earlier post about being "as rich as we could have been", I mean that in terms of having enough to live in comfort and not have to worry how/if you're going to make ends meet. It's not a question of wealth.

allison said:
I just read the first post (even though I already posted) and yeah, that was pretty tacky. Again I will say, I don't care.

Very true..who cares how much money we have? That's our friggin' business! I don't care how much everyone else has, none of my business and honestly, I have more issues to worry about than someone else's bank account and comparing how many 0's are at the end.............................

Perja said:
I don't mean to offend, but where I come from, it's considered ultra-tacky and "nouveau riche" to go and state exactly what she did.
Oh, same here. But my family would probably consider it even ruder to point it out.

I just try to keep in mind that not everyone grew up with the same values that I did.

coco-nut said:
Oh, same here. But my family would probably consider it even ruder to point it out.

I just try to keep in mind that not everyone grew up with the same values that I did.

Exctly what I was trying to say in my post. It lacks class and is tacky to say if one is rich or not themselves.

Dani said:
Were* you born rich?

oh. and I'm a broke little college student. I scrounge up money to go out, and I have to save up for bags. I love it though. :smile:

lol.. same here...:P ,
well, i cant lie and tell that i never dream to be super-rich, so i can buy everything in my current wishlist, but really, i am very happy & thankful with how i am, what i've got rite now, think saving up for something makes the thing even more worthy when i get it.

"Rich" is such a relative term. Riches in Russia will buy you different stuff than riches in the US.

Besides, nobody is born rich. Unless you're a donkey and golden coins pop out of your behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.