Did you always love the Classic Flap? Or did it grow on you?

I also used to associate the classic flap with older, mature ladies. Very proper and kind of boring ladies, too.

Now that I'm of a certain age, I especially didn't want to wear a "mature" bag. As Rockerchic already stated, it wasn't until I saw a younger person pair it with jeans that I grew to appreciate it. It looks so modern and fabulous that way.

Then I also fell in love with the reissue... and had to have one. I may just get a classic flap one of these days. For now, I am very happy with my reissue, but I now see the flap in a whole new light!

Rocking the classic flap (or in this case 2.55 in 277 size)--trying to look young hollywood!:P
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.55_1.jpg
    2.55_1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 222
I always loved the classic flap. From the moment I saw it here in the forum I knew I wanted one. I don't go by trends or whats popular. If I see it and like it then I will go for it. Nexy I really want that new cottom club reporter...or the cabas. But I need a wallet first and foremost! tee hee

don't feel like you HAVE to love it. . . I still don't and I'm a diehard Chanel fan.
I prefer the Reissue or other Lignes flaps, like my Luxe flap or the Cambon flap or the super duper PNY Flap:yes:

I sort of like the novelty ones, the ones w/ heart chains and such, but it'll be a long while before I get one, if I do.

I'm a tote girl for the most part, it's just not the right bag *for me*.

Did I always love the Classic Flap? Well, I guess you could say it was love at first sight. And then, when I tried it on and felt how comfortably it sat on my shoulder, I knew I was forging a lasting relationship! Till death do us part! :heart:

Not until 3 months ago, when I first tried it on. Like the fact that it fits dressing up and down. I'm a casual girl and 99% of the time wear jeans. It goes perfectly fine with jeans. Think it's classy~

I fell in love with a photo of the Bordeaux reissue, and knew I needed that bag in my life! It was a LOT better than I expected. I am impressed by the versatility of the bag, as well!

i loved it from the start when i was in the Chanel boutique. I wish i could have bought them all.
My hubby on the other hand doesn't like them, says "the bag makes my look older".
I do agree that reissue looks younger, maybe try one.
Rockerchic you look awesome with the reissue.

interesting question, schmoo
i am a perfect example of a Chanel lover who thought she would never buy a classic flap
what changed my mind, and now i think its essential for a Chanel lover to have at least one classic flap in her collection (unless she really doeesnt like them lol), were the following:

1. This Forum :smile:
2. The sheer classiness and timelessness and Chanelishness of the bag
3.. The fact that me, being more trendy than classic, needed a totally classic bag: to me, the classic flap is even more classic than the medallion tote and the GST (both of which i have also)
4. The fact that I wanted one white bag in my collection but i didnt want it to be a white everyday bag, and my white caviar classic fit the bill completely (not big enough or "safe" enough -- being white -- for my lifestyle to be an every day "throw around" bag, but perfect for say 2-3 times a week or evenings with our casual lifestyle even at night.

now i love the classic flap, but will most likely not buy another one....

Nope never used to like them and as others pointed out, I thought they loked "old lady-ish" to me....:Push:

First started liking them when the reissues came out and then when I saw the Jumbo black Caviar with Silver Hardware:love: :love: something "clicked" and I HAD to have that bag !!!:yes: :nuts:

Was the first bag i fell in love with - did also think it was lady-ish ... but I am a lady so it works for me - I have three of them and my fav is the reissue ...