Did we miss this color from 04 FW?

May 19, 2006
I was browsing as usual, and came across this.
attachment.php

At first glance I thought it was skyblue from 2005, but the letter on the metal plate is "B", so it should be from F/W 2004.

attachment.php

Anyone own or seen this before :nuts:

Attachments

• balenciaga_peppermint04_first_1.jpg
    balenciaga_peppermint04_first_1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 378
  • balenciaga_peppermint04_first_2.jpg
    balenciaga_peppermint04_first_2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 369
At first glance I would have thought that it was Ice Blue. I search the colors by season thread and I'm mistaken. This is why I'm no expert...because I can't tell what I'm looking at when colors look so different in pictures and real life. :sad:

it's still there.
i really think it's light turquoise - it looks exactly like my MU, only faded. plus, look at the thread on the whipstitching and the zipper pulls - both pale blue.
nice bag, good price for an 04 in good condition too :yes:

EDIT: just saw the tag says 2004 1 and lt. turq. is from 2004 3 ???? mystery bag i guess...
another EDIT - if this bag is from f/w 04 then it's def light turq. for sure.

Last edited:
I also think it's a f/w 2004 turquoise that is faded. B would be f/w 2004 and I believe C would be s/s 2004 but I'm not sure. My guess is a faded f/w 2004 turquoise because I had a faded City a few years ago, sold it and got a better one that wasn't so faded. The leather looks in great shape and if you got it at a great price, nice bag.

edit to add: The paper tag could just have gotten put in the wrong bag since it says 1 which would be s/s. I would rely on the metal tag inside

I can't believe it is faded. Look at the packaged tassels, the mirror, and the inside leather tag. They are all dead-on the same shade as the bag. JMTC.

Wondering if light turquoise is photographing lighter for Let-Trade. They have a truffle weekender that looks like the photo is oddly lighted.

^^ i agree, not faded at all - the mirror is the same color as the bag! it must be the lighting, don't you think??
here's my 04 light turq MU and it's quite different BUT i really think the leather (with all the white marks) on this first looks exactly like my MU. regardless, the bag is in great condition and a steal IMO :tup:

Attachments

• DSCN0576.jpg
    DSCN0576.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0582.jpg
    DSCN0582.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 93
The tag may be from a S/S 04 bag because the D941Y is for pewter, D941T denotes the regular brass hardware.

I wish you well,

Bridget
I thought the same thing so I wonder maybe Seafoam but dismissed that because it doesn't look like pewter hardware. Beats me, I don't have a clue, nothing adds up on this one. I'm still wondering if they used agneau for years or they lied and if they realy did use Pierre Cardin lining in some flat brass bags.

Last edited: