Did the made in tag on neverfull change??

Hi..since December I've now purchased the GM and Mm in Monogram and the Gm and mm in Azur. None of them had the tag. All purchased thru the LV website and made in the USA. Only thing i got saying made in Usa was the textile card. And of course the date code.
I purchased a Graceful MM that date code shows Oct 2020. However, I purchased it from Poshmark and it was sent for authentication and was considered authentic. Then I freaked out when I didnt see the "made in" tag and contact 2 different online authenticators and they both stated the bag is authentic.
In addition they said that the tag was removed in late 2020.
I was also concerned because the inner strap stitching looked a bit off and uneven but they said it can be a little sloppy at time. Which also worried me.
I hope it is authentic LOL :smile:

I purchased a Graceful MM that date code shows Oct 2020. However, I purchased it from Poshmark and it was sent for authentication and was considered authentic. Then I freaked out when I didnt see the "made in" tag and contact 2 different online authenticators and they both stated the bag is authentic.
In addition they said that the tag was removed in late 2020.
I was also concerned because the inner strap stitching looked a bit off and uneven but they said it can be a little sloppy at time. Which also worried me.
I hope it is authentic LOL :smile:
I hope it is too. I love my Graceful. I got mine in late October as well. I've done all my purchases online since the closest store is Seattle and I don't like the traffic I do think I'm missing out on the entire boutique experience. But then I tell myself, many people don't live near a boutique. I have the MPA and the stitching on the underside of the strap is horrible. I just figured it was because of being hand stitched. I'm too lazy to send it back.

I hope it is too. I love my Graceful. I got mine in late October as well. I've done all my purchases online since the closest store is Seattle and I don't like the traffic I do think I'm missing out on the entire boutique experience. But then I tell myself, many people don't live near a boutique. I have the MPA and the stitching on the underside of the strap is horrible. I just figured it was because of being hand stitched. I'm too lazy to send it back.
I really hope it is as well.
Girl, I got a boutique down the street from my office but I ended up grabbing this one from poshmark.
When I looked at the stitching on the inside of the strap, I freaked out! luckily it isnt just me and as I said prior the bag has been authenticated 3 times. Can someone be wrong 3 whole times? LOL
Also, it smelled just like awesome leather as soon as it came out the box.
I pray that is authentic and worst case I re-sell on poshmark since that is where I purchased it from LOL

Reactions: Summitgirl
Posted this on another thread but felt it belonged here as well:

Hi everyone, I'm very new to TPF but have been stalking threads for YEARS. I finally decided to create an account because i wanted to know what others think of my recent experience.

So I went to the boutique on Friday 15 Jan to look at some wallets but I eventually got nothing because I felt that that batch I was looking at didnt seem up to scratch (QC issues imho). Anyway long story short, I ended up buying a Neverfull MM Damier Azur w Rose Ballerine lining.

I was very excited when I got home (as all of us would be after bringing a new LV baby home) so I was curious when my baby was made as I have been waiting for the NF Damier Azur MM to be in stock for a long time. To my shock, the date code read AR0241 which means it was made 4th week of 2021?! Which is like 2 weeks from now?? The accompanying pochette was MM sth.

So I texted one of my SAs working in the same store first thing in the morn today on 16 Jan and she said she has never encountered sth like this b4. So I brought it back to the store today and another SA whom I am familiar with attended to me. He said the date code didnt make sense to them so they checked other bags and according to him LV changed their date code logic to counter bags made by counterfeiters? I don't know how that logic works but anyway... Then I asked him if it is normal for the pochette to have a different date code from the tote? He looked at the pochette and said 'wow this date code doesn't make sense too'. Eventually I told him I'm uncomfortable accepting the bag and requested for him to order a new piece for me direct from France.

So I really don't know what on earth happened? Has anyone encountered sth similar? Or is it true that LV is changing the date code logic? I really don't know because I bought another LV baby in December 2020 from that same store and that date code made sense.

Look forward to all of your comments. Thanks!!

Ps: Posted the date code for your viewing

I’ve been curious why some are in the middle and others have a bunch of space. Does anyone know?

Hi, everyone. I want you ladies to see what my date code is .... I purchased on LV website in 2017. I have receipt and NF MM DE is hardly ever used So I decided to take out and ready to take photos for re selling... I just discovered this NF mm has wired date code that I dont understand at all..... even pochet has same date code too..
SD 4416 .... 41 weeks of 2046!? Omg... I never checked date code when I got this bag, since I ordered to LV store... have anyone hard this kind crazy story?

Attachments

• 79842E91-5D61-410A-9A3F-093C451402A0.jpeg
    79842E91-5D61-410A-9A3F-093C451402A0.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Wow
Reactions: Loriad
Hi, everyone. I want you ladies to see what my date code is .... I purchased on LV website in 2017. I have receipt and NF MM DE is hardly ever used So I decided to take out and ready to take photos for re selling... I just discovered this NF mm has wired date code that I dont understand at all..... even pochet has same date code too..
SD 4416 .... 41 weeks of 2046!? Omg... I never checked date code when I got this bag, since I ordered to LV store... have anyone hard this kind crazy story?
Based on what others have posted, it seems that LV intentionally changed the recipe of the date codes before finally getting rid of them altogether. In your case, I could imagine that the second "4" was meant to be a "1", but I wouldn't be surprised if they also did this intentionally in the past for certain batches of products. Remember, these codes are for internal use at LV, we shouldn't really care about them. They are fun, but that's all.

Reactions: Mtcoco82
Hi everyone,
I purchased and received an LV Neverfull MM in Azur today from LV.com. I found the card that says made in USA, see pic, but I can’t find a date code anywhere. Can someone please tell me where to look?? I’m getting nervous. Thank you.

Attachments

• 9F09F957-8F69-4D60-93B6-F10009907AF6.jpeg
    9F09F957-8F69-4D60-93B6-F10009907AF6.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 23
Based on what others have posted, it seems that LV intentionally changed the recipe of the date codes before finally getting rid of them altogether. In your case, I could imagine that the second "4" was meant to be a "1", but I wouldn't be surprised if they also did this intentionally in the past for certain batches of products. Remember, these codes are for internal use at LV, we shouldn't really care about them. They are fun, but that's all.
Thank you for reply and I really appreciated, I only noticed this date code because I was thinking to re sell... now I don’t think I can sell this purse with this crazy date code . I should call LV and ask about it too. Thank you

Hi everyone,
I purchased and received an LV Neverfull MM in Azur today from LV.com. I found the card that says made in USA, see pic, but I can’t find a date code anywhere. Can someone please tell me where to look?? I’m getting nervous. Thank you.
The are using an RFID chips now. They phased out date codes.

Hi everyone,
They stopped the datecode tags, put in a micro-chip and a MIUSA paper tag, then hiked the prices. :annoyed:

I just purchased a Neverfull GM damier ebene directly from Louis Vuitton at the Wynn in Las Vegas a couple hours ago. I've looked for the "made in" tag on both bag and pochette but oddly there isn't one, and it's a little bothersome. This seems to be common now I guess. Also my bag and pochette don't have matching date codes. Pochette is 0241 / Bag is 0251. The SA did state that most of their bags are now made in USA since they have two manufacturing posts. So maybe it's unnecessary for the made in tag?