Did that SA really just say that?

Kiari

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Last week I was out of town and ran across a Coach outlet. I went in to look around. I was carrying my LV mono bag with a Coach Heritage ponytail scarf bowtied on it. I think the browns look really nice together. Well this SA says to me "Oh Louis would not be happy if he saw that!!" All snide and stuff.

It took everything in me not to snip back at her that "Louis" has been dead for a very long time, and I doubt he would care.

I can't believe how rude she was, on top of that, I was basically doing her job for her by selling a stranger on a pair of Coach shoes. I happened to be wearing a same pair that they had for sale.

Ok rant over..

Why would she even work there if all she's gonna do is look down on the brand? As a SA, isn't she supposed to be a representative of Coach? If anything she should have complimented you on the fact that you must be a great customer because you like Coach so much that you like to include it even on non-Coach bags.

I was astounded, she just had to point out that my bag was another brand. Apparently I wasn't representing well enough even though I had on Coach shoes, belt, sunnies, and that ponytail tied on my bag.

I'm always amazed at how many people never learned or absorbed the simple lesson of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I mean really, how hard is it?

I'm always amazed at how many people never learned or absorbed the simple lesson of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I mean really, how hard is it?

Thats the thing, I was confused, was she dissing my beautiful 27 year old LV? Or dissing coach? I was just so confused and shocked. Still am confused...

i would have smiled and said, 'lets go see what your manager thinks'

whenever i have a customer that gets to be too much i smile and say let me go get my manager.

i rather not waste my breathe on rude people unless i absolutely have to--at the same time rude people should be dealt with. i feel bad passing it along but honestly, i do not want to be subjected to anything i don't have to be.......:x

Last edited:
I would have given her a piece of my mind but she was older than I am and I find it really hard to do that.

I'm usually not good at sparring with them either. But if an SA isn't nice I will seek out another one and give the name of the friendly one at the counter when they ask who was helping me.

I guess its really all in the tone she said it. If she had laughed about it or had a friendly smile it wouldnt have been a big deal. Being stuck up and snide is never a good way to talk to a customer who clearly knows their stuff.

Naughty SA!