Did South Park Go To Far ?

i happen to like south park...and i never understood why people get upset over the show.
i mean, come on, this is the show with a talking piece of christmas poo...are you honestly going to get upset over a show that has THAT?
I totally agree. If you don't like people being made fun of, then South Park is not the show for you. I find there are worse shows on that take it further than South Park.

Just because he died, doesn't mean they assumed he was in hell. It was just a party that Satan invited celebrities/ etc to. So the priests who went in, are they assumed to be in hell as well?
All I'm saying is, in South Park, when people die, they go to Hell. (Kenny, Princess Diana, Hitler, Ghandi, George Burns . . . they died and they went to Hell.)

Of course the priests weren't in Hell, they weren't dead.

Actually I would think it's weird, because my father was not famous. As for a celebrity, there's a bar here that has a famous dead person contest every year. It's not insensitive.

so if your dad was a celebrity then, you would be okay with that? I'm really not trying to pick a fight here (you know I love you!). I just don't understand why being a celebrity makes it okay to treat you like you don't matter. Its one thing to make fun of anyone while they are alive (we all do that!) But to mock someones death, celebrity or not is just heartless. Again, IMO.

so if your dad was a celebrity then, you would be okay with that? I'm really not trying to pick a fight here (you know I love you!). I just don't understand why being a celebrity makes it okay to treat you like you don't matter. Its one thing to make fun of anyone while they are alive (we all do that!) But to mock someones death, celebrity or not is just heartless. Again, IMO.
When you're a celebrity, please be prepared to take anything that comes your way. If my dad was famous, and died a horrible death, I would expect it would happen some time. Since there is an amendment that us, as citizen's, have the right to freedom of speech, reguardless if it's tasteless or not, they can say what they want, and I have no say. For instance, the Tom Cruise in the closet episode. He wanted it taken off the air, but becuase of free speech, it still airs.

I just had a thought . . . and bear with me, but maybe that exchange with Steve Irwin and Satan is their own twisted way of telling people that it would be tasteless to do something like that for Halloween this year?

Satan's minion: Satan we have ha problem, one of the guests has turned up in a crocodile hunter costume, and it's really offending some of the other guests!
Satan: Oh jeez. Erm, er dude the whole crocodile hunter thing, it's just not cool. He like only died a few weeks ago! You're gonna have to go.

When you're a celebrity, please be prepared to take anything that comes your way. If my dad was famous, and died a horrible death, I would expect it would happen some time. Since there is an amendment that us, as citizen's, have the right to freedom of speech, reguardless if it's tasteless or not, they can say what they want, and I have no say. For instance, the Tom Cruise in the closet episode. He wanted it taken off the air, but becuase of free speech, it still airs.

Yes we do have freedom of speech. But the issue here was not if South Park should be censored (of course it shouldn't) but whether or not they went too far. With freedom of speech comes responsibility and accountability. For example, if I announce that I want to kill someone, I better be prepared for the backlash and consequences that go with it. So it is with this show. They want to upset people and they are good at it. The heart of the matter is that they don't care about upsetting anyone. How can we have a peaceful world ever with this kind of give a crap attitude toward their fellow human? Its contradictory.

can i ask what defines going "too far"? where is that line drawn? something may be offensive to some, and not others...
listen, trey and matt have a weird sense of humor. if you listen to the commentary on their dvd's, they're just like a bunch of little boys. that's it. they've made killer money making fun of celebs- so why should this episode be any different?
take it with a grain of salt. and if you don't like it, don't watch it and support them. easy as that.