Did i pick the right size french riviera??

Aug 18, 2010
Hi ladies! I just purchased the large size French Riviera flap in red and I am now wondering if I should have gotten the red in the smaller size. I am waiting for the bag to arrive. Below are pix from NM. Sorry I look like a street urchin. This was the morning after a bachelorette party.

Attachments

• image-4051984779.jpg
    image-4051984779.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 4,783
  • image-3708365036.jpg
    image-3708365036.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 4,815
  • image-2085492948.jpg
    image-2085492948.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 3,799
  • image-1591281188.jpg
    image-1591281188.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 3,925
I think you could go with either size honestly. They both look great on you however it depends what look you' 're going for and what size will suit your needs more.

To me the larger size offers a more casual look while the smaller one looks more dressy. HTH!

How much is the med and large? I like both on u. But depends on your use. For everday, the bigger one.
And sorry, off topic. I'm interested in that beige purse by the wall, Amy info? Thanks.

sneezz said:
I think you could go with either size honestly. They both look great on you however it depends what look you' 're going for and what size will suit your needs more.

To me the larger size offers a more casual look while the smaller one looks more dressy. HTH!

I second this!!! PS: I do have to admit that I am. Petite woman that loves big bags;) but in this particular size, large is more casual and small is more dressy just like sneezz said;)

thanks! i'm really torn since the different sizes serve two completely different purposes. i agree that the larger one has a more casual look. so it doesn't look like the larger bag is "wearing me" rather than the other way around?

How much is the med and large? I like both on u. But depends on your use. For everday, the bigger one.
And sorry, off topic. I'm interested in that beige purse by the wall, Amy info? Thanks.

the medium is 2600 and the large is 2700. so really the price difference between the two is negligible.

sorry, i didn't even look at the beige purse on the wall since i was focused on looking at flaps :P

I second this!!! PS: I do have to admit that I am. Petite woman that loves big bags;) but in this particular size, large is more casual and small is more dressy just like sneezz said;)

thanks for the input! i agree with you both that the large is more casual. i feel like i would probably get more wear out of the larger size, but i feel like the smaller looks better worn both short and long and that the larger one only looks right worn shorter. why must this be such a difficult decision!

Hi! I like the smaller bag. These are shoulder bags and not meant to be tote-size in my opinion. The bigger one on you doesn't look as elegant. The drop hangs in an awkward spot and is not as flattering on you as the smaller one. The big on you looks a bit large and sloppy... Which some will use the word casual. But my honest opinion, the smaller ones looks much more elegant on you.

If you want a big bag look, i suggest go for a tote. Totes are big, great look but the key is totes do not hang too low. the big riviera hangs too long and big on you. The look on you for a big bag with a tote will fit. I love big bags, but totes, not "shoulder bags" which this one is.

My two cents.

thanks! i'm really torn since the different sizes serve two completely different purposes. i agree that the larger one has a more casual look. so it doesn't look like the larger bag is "wearing me" rather than the other way around?

No not at all. It looks like a good size on you. ;)

Ask yourself which one you feel more comfortable wearing?

The small one for sure. The big one looks too east west. I will prefer jumbo classic proportion compare to large riviera lap. However the small one can replace the medium classic flap because almost similar in size and 2k cheaper. Just my opinion.