Did I make the wrong choice?

Apr 13, 2015
I was in Paris Saturday and wanted to get a Boy Caviar bag in new medium. Avenue Montaigne had a ton of them. I was deciding between my two favorites- the beige clair with antique gold hardware and the dark beige taupe with shiny light gold hardware. I chose the beige clair, but now I find myself regretting that decision. The reason for my choice was mainly because I like the antique gold hardware, the beige clair looked more casual, and it was less shiny. I want to wear it as a casual bag. The dark beige was shinier, dressier, looked almost patent like to me, but now I'm thinking maybe it was the lighting? The reason for my current regrets, I don't know, but it's probably because i already own the beige clair in jumbo which I am obsessed with, and I keep thinking maybe I should have given the dark beige a chance as it may have looked really beautiful outside and in different lighting. Now I have two bags in the same color (though the shade is slightly different and the hardware is slightly different).
Did i make the wrong choice? I'm stuck with it as I'm back home now and can't exchange. This is a strange feeling for me as I have never had regrets on previous chanel purchases :sad:

Omg I was in your exact shoes and I went with the beige clair.. it's beautiful and you should not regret it... the other one was way too shiny .. I wanted to use the bag daily for spring and summer and I couldn't pull off the other one!!

I was in Paris Saturday and wanted to get a Boy Caviar bag in new medium. Avenue Montaigne had a ton of them. I was deciding between my two favorites- the beige clair with antique gold hardware and the dark beige taupe with shiny light gold hardware. I chose the beige clair, but now I find myself regretting that decision. The reason for my choice was mainly because I like the antique gold hardware, the beige clair looked more casual, and it was less shiny. I want to wear it as a casual bag. The dark beige was shinier, dressier, looked almost patent like to me, but now I'm thinking maybe it was the lighting? The reason for my current regrets, I don't know, but it's probably because i already own the beige clair in jumbo which I am obsessed with, and I keep thinking maybe I should have given the dark beige a chance as it may have looked really beautiful outside and in different lighting. Now I have two bags in the same color (though the shade is slightly different and the hardware is slightly different).
Did i make the wrong choice? I'm stuck with it as I'm back home now and can't exchange. This is a strange feeling for me as I have never had regrets on previous chanel purchases :sad:

Congrats on your purchase! I have the dark beige taupe boy in old medium, and though I absolutely love it, I think you are right that the one you took home is better for casual wear. I also think the dark beige taupe looks better in the old medium size. Also, even though both of your bags are beige clair, the classic flap in beige clair has a very elegant look while the boy version has a young fun vibe, so I think you made a good choice. That being said, the dark beige taupe is a spectacular and rare color (and I've never thought it looks like patent leather) so if you are really regretting it, follow your heart! Good luck!!

Obviously you like the beige clair color and it works for you. I think Jumbo and Boy look totally different, but I understand your doubts.
Only you can decide for yourself if it's worth it to you to keep the beige clair Boy, or that you rather want dark beige.
I don't know if you are in Europe, otherwise if you really have regrets you might want to contact the boutique where you bought it, explain your situation and see if they can do something for you. It's always worth a try.
Take your time to think about it. Perhaps try your new Boy before the mirror at home with different outfits to see if it changes your feelings or that you still feel the same.
Good luck with your decision!

Whenever I spend a good deal on a bag I have a couple "oh s---" days when I second guess myself. Give it a couple days and you will probably love your choice without regret.