Did I make the right decision? (Purchase of Reverse Mono PS Mini)

nladxo

Mar 7, 2015
I ended up purchasing the Reverse Mono PS Mini through CS on Thursday (won't get it until Tuesday or Wednesday) and now I'm kind of having regrets, not on purchasing the bag as I've been wanting this bag for a couple years now but that I should've gotten the classic Mono instead of the Reverse Mono. I already have 2 classic Mono bags (Speedy 30 & Favorite MM) that I don't really reach for since I find they're "too flashy" in regular day life so I just use them when I go out for fancier dinners (at least in the case of the Favorite. I haven't touched the Speedy in years since it doesn't suit my lifestyle right now). My other 2 bags are DE (which I love) and I use those two a ton. I thought the reverse would be the better choice since:
  • a) it's not as common as the regular mono PS Mini
  • b) most of my wardrobe would go with it since I tend to wear tons of neutrals already.
  • c) it's such a gorgeous bag in reverse mono (the black leather makes it 10000x better)
  • d) even though it's in reverse mono, I don't find it as flashy as the classic mono for some reason?
I just see so many classic mono PS Mini's that I'm like "hmm..Did I really make the right decision on this?" so someone tell me I made the right decision! Has anyone else had a dilemma with this bag & the two mono options?

I have both but reach for the mono more. I would wait until you receive and it see what you think. You may end up liking it...if not, you can return it.. Majority of my bags are mono and I don’t find them flashy but I understand....

I had the same dilemma! I had purchased the reverse PSM and while it was beautiful and I’m a big fan of reverse I found myself wanting the classic mono. I returned the reverse and was able to hunt down a classic mono and I have no regrets whatsoever! But, I would definitely wait and see how you feel once you have it!

I ended up buying the classic mono PSM because I feel like it matches more of my outfits! But wait until you see it in person, you may end up liking it and having no regrets!

Thanks everyone! It says the estimated delivery date for the bag is on Tuesday and I'm so excited to just see this bag in person and see it in reverse mono before I make a final decision!

I have the mono ps but would also love the reverse for variety but it’s discontinued where I am. I find the mono ps everyone has and it is so common and not as unique. The reverse is something special that not everyone will have and it’s so cute. If I had both in front of me I would get the reverse. I also have the mini boite chapeau and got that in reverse and love it to bits.

I have the mono ps but would also love the reverse for variety but it’s discontinued where I am. I find the mono ps everyone has and it is so common and not as unique. The reverse is something special that not everyone will have and it’s so cute. If I had both in front of me I would get the reverse. I also have the mini boite chapeau and got that in reverse and love it to bits.

That's exactly why I was more attracted to the reverse in the first place; that the mono is so common & not everyone has the reverse! Fingers crossed that I fall involve with it when I pick it up within the next few days!

Reactions: Bumbles
That's exactly why I was more attracted to the reverse in the first place; that the mono is so common & not everyone has the reverse! Fingers crossed that I fall involve with it when I pick it up within the next few days!
I’m sure you will. Sometimes you’re just over thinking it because you haven’t received it yet and tried it on, but when you open the box you will really know it its love at first sight or not. Also because it’s not as common, you have doubts too, which is normal too. Sometimes the wait makes you to think abt it more and more, but I’m sure you will love it. I hope you do, because I love reverse and I love the mini boite chapeau I got in reverse. I feel it’s so special and unique and the black with reverse is simply gorgeous. I am looking to add more reverse pieces to my collection, like the vanity pm, OTG tote, etc.. good luck and let us know what you decide

Reactions: nladxo
I ended up purchasing the Reverse Mono PS Mini through CS on Thursday (won't get it until Tuesday or Wednesday) and now I'm kind of having regrets, not on purchasing the bag as I've been wanting this bag for a couple years now but that I should've gotten the classic Mono instead of the Reverse Mono. I already have 2 classic Mono bags (Speedy 30 & Favorite MM) that I don't really reach for since I find they're "too flashy" in regular day life so I just use them when I go out for fancier dinners (at least in the case of the Favorite. I haven't touched the Speedy in years since it doesn't suit my lifestyle right now). My other 2 bags are DE (which I love) and I use those two a ton. I thought the reverse would be the better choice since:
  • a) it's not as common as the regular mono PS Mini
  • b) most of my wardrobe would go with it since I tend to wear tons of neutrals already.
  • c) it's such a gorgeous bag in reverse mono (the black leather makes it 10000x better)
  • d) even though it's in reverse mono, I don't find it as flashy as the classic mono for some reason?
I just see so many classic mono PS Mini's that I'm like "hmm..Did I really make the right decision on this?" so someone tell me I made the right decision! Has anyone else had a dilemma with this bag & the two mono options?

If I were you and I owned 2 classic mono bags already, I'd want a change and go towards the reverse psm! However, since you've mentioned that you don't really go for your mono pieces since they're too flashy, I would argue against that worry towards your reverse PSM! Specifically not due to the pattern itself, but because of the fact that the PSM is a mini backpack, and I (personally) find that mini backpacks are always more casual than formal (as compared to a speedy/favorite mm).

I always have problems choosing between patterns too, specifically between mono vs damier ebene for bigger bags, as I don't want my leather to patina :sad:

If I were you and I owned 2 classic mono bags already, I'd want a change and go towards the reverse psm! However, since you've mentioned that you don't really go for your mono pieces since they're too flashy, I would argue against that worry towards your reverse PSM! Specifically not due to the pattern itself, but because of the fact that the PSM is a mini backpack, and I (personally) find that mini backpacks are always more casual than formal (as compared to a speedy/favorite mm).

I always have problems choosing between patterns too, specifically between mono vs damier ebene for bigger bags, as I don't want my leather to patina :sad:

My outfits are more casual than formal on a day to day basis (even when I go to work since it's business casual but everyone is more on the casual side), so I think the PSM will definitely suit my lifestyle/how I dress in my day to day life! I tend to use other bags in my collection either LV or different brands that can be used dressed up if I'm going out to dinner or someplace nicer than usual.

The only bags that I was for sure on the patterns was my Neverfull GM in DE, SpeedyB 25 in DE & Speedy 30 in Mono (my first ever LV so I wanted it to be classic). It's so hard to choose a bag when it looks so good in so many different patterns. With living in Canada, I definitely want something that I won't be scared to take out when it's a snowstorm or pouring rain.

Reactions: LilPochette
I'm not a fan of mono print, but have the Mono PSM and LOVE it! The darker color and smaller size makes it easier to carry despite the mono print.

Reverse color I just can't do. It really stands out more and ever since someone said it looks like peanut butter (and baby poop), I can't get that out of my head. I like that it is different, but sometimes different doesn't translate to personal style very well.

I'm not a fan of mono print, but have the Mono PSM and LOVE it! The darker color and smaller size makes it easier to carry despite the mono print.

Reverse color I just can't do. It really stands out more and ever since someone said it looks like peanut butter (and baby poop), I can't get that out of my head. I like that it is different, but sometimes different doesn't translate to personal style very well.

I mean I love Peanut Butter so :lol: to each to their own I guess! Hopefully only a 2 day wait until I see this baby in person!

I have the reverse. I waffled too, I actually got a Mono to compare and decided to keep that and sell the reverse. Then the new model came out (exposed zipper) and I wanted it and i missed having the the reverse, so I got it reverse and got rid of the mono...lol. Don't be me..lmao.

I'm sure you will love it when you get it. If it's not love when you look at it, order a Mono.

So I picked up the bag today and I'm in love! I'm so glad I got the reverse mono over classic mono. I think if my heart wants a classic later on, I may just buy it pre-loved! The tone of the brown really changes when it's inside compared to when the bag is in natural sunlight.

IMG_5155.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Bumbles