Did I make the right choice?

hutch0827

Jan 31, 2017
So I just purchased my first LV. I had it narrowed down between the neverfull MM in mono or DE OR the delightful MM in DE. I have a 5 year old so I was afraid of the untreated leather on the mono... and talked myself out of the mono. I loved the delightful but it kept coming off my shoulder... so I ruled it out... bc that's gonna drive me crazy.

So.... I got the neverfull MM in DE. BUT my concern now is maybe I should have gotten the mono regardless of the untreated leather..... are the straps that more comfortable on the mono than the DE?

So I just purchased my first LV. I had it narrowed down between the neverfull MM in mono or DE OR the delightful MM in DE. I have a 5 year old so I was afraid of the untreated leather on the mono... and talked myself out of the mono. I loved the delightful but it kept coming off my shoulder... so I ruled it out... bc that's gonna drive me crazy.

So.... I got the neverfull MM in DE. BUT my concern now is maybe I should have gotten the mono regardless of the untreated leather..... are the straps that more comfortable on the mono than the DE?
In my opinion the straps are the same in terms of comfort. I have both and love them for different reasons. You should get the one you love the most irrespective of the vachetta vs. treated leather. Each has its pros and cons. I have found that if you wipe the vachetta straps periodically with a damp soft cloth then apply a little Apple Care, the leather ages beautifully.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I've found that if I buy any bag for convenience or functionality over beauty, I always end up feeling unsatisfiedand eventually buy what I was initially drawn to. As some may say- get what makes your heart sing and enjoy it!
Yes. My husband just said this..... I didn't even take the one I bought out of the package. I'm going back tomorrow to get the one I really wanted.

Honestly I think ur making the right choice. DE NF handles is prone to cracking. I have my mono from 2012 and it has held up very well- no stains. The patina champ method works well for water spots. You could also treat the vachetta. I think I have made my peace with vachetta now and am not as afraid of it as I used to be.

Reactions: foxylock
I agree with the above comment about the pros/cons for each bag. But you have to get the bag you want the most. I have the DE NF and have not experienced cracking. The straps were so uncomfortable for a long time to be quite honest, but it has "broken in" more with each use. I have a mono delightful in mm and it has developed a very nice patina over the last couple of years. I just use alcohol free baby wipes and wipe down the leather and canvas and it has a very even patina imo. I have not used any other method to treat the Vachetta and I don't see any stains or marks on the leather.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I would have made the same decision. I'm so over vachetta and the maintenance and worry of it.

I agree. I do not plan on buying another bag with vachetta on it again.

OP I think you made the right choice for your situation. Maybe get the vachetta bag as am extra at some point.