Did I make a mistake?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I purchased the azur berkeley a couple months ago and now I'm wondering if the azur speedy is just as nice. The berkeley is more than double the price and I don't know if it is worth it. Besides the fact that there aren't as many berkeleys out on the streets, what are some other pros of this bag?:nogood:

When someone says Azur Berkeley , the vachetta on the bag pops in my mind. I think it's a a beautiful bag but the vachetta scares me.. I get scared from the handles of my Azur Speedy getting dirty, I dont know how I would deal with an Azur Berkeley! I think it all goes down to your personal prefrence and care for your bags!

I agree with mustlove, it's different. Not everyone will have this bag which I think is absolutely gorgeous!!! Is it just the price of the bag that is making you have second thoughts? Or is there anything else that is bugging you about this bag? If you really do not LOVE it, then you should sell and get what your heart truly, truly desires.

Would you sell the Berkeley to buy the Speedy?

Here's how my mind works: if you sell the Berkeley, you will probalby get half of what you paid for it (maybe a lil more?)....so, you would take a loss there....and then you would buy the speedy....in my head, this is like shelling out big bucks for a Speedy..no?

I would hold on to the Berkeley...and save up for the Speedy (which is a "reasonable" bag to buy..relatively speaking)

;)

When someone says Azur Berkeley , the vachetta on the bag pops in my mind. I think it's a a beautiful bag but the vachetta scares me.. I get scared from the handles of my Azur Speedy getting dirty, I dont know how I would deal with an Azur Berkeley! I think it all goes down to your personal prefrence and care for your bags!

same here... I love the shape and design of this bag. But the Vachetta on the bottom corners are what holding me back :s

Would you sell the Berkeley to buy the Speedy?

Here's how my mind works: if you sell the Berkeley, you will probalby get half of what you paid for it (maybe a lil more?)....so, you would take a loss there....and then you would buy the speedy....in my head, this is like shelling out big bucks for a Speedy..no?

I would hold on to the Berkeley...and save up for the Speedy (which is a "reasonable" bag to buy..relatively speaking)

;)
:yes: keep it! It's a beautiful bag!

Pros of the Berkeley imo are the adjustable shouler straps, 2 outside pockets, cell slot and another pocket inside and it looks classy too. It's not as common (probably because of the price) and you can carry 3 ways ~ hand, crook of your arm and shoulder. The only thing I do not like about it is the amount of vachetta on it ... other than that, I love it! I may get it in Ebene later.

I bet that style would be great in MC too ... hmmm, anyway ... if you are not happy with it, then sell it and get something that'll make you smile!

If the price isn't what's giving you second thoughts I would keep it!
If it's the vachetta, do go over to the FAQs subforum for some ideas...I think they really help!
Whenever I buy LV, going through the "is it worth it?" route never works logically with anyone else I know outside TPF.
You'll be glad you went with the Berkeley when you get tired of everyone else around you carrying a speedy...if that's the case where you live.

No..the bag is less common than the speedy. I have the azur berkeley and though I baby the bag a little, I think it is quite worry free...now mine has achieved slight patina which I am very please.

If I could get over all that vachetta, I would love to have this gorgeous bag. Since you already have it, I say enjoy your bag and don't worry that you don't see many of them around. That's a good thing!