Did I make a big mistake?

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I have been wanting a old school Alexandra for a long time now. I finally pulled the trigger on one from Ebay. I assumed that because it had the gorgeous purple lining, that it was not an outlet bag. I started going through old threads and discovered that I did purchase a MFF bag. It is pebbled black leather. Do you guys think that it will be as nice as the full price Alexandra or did I just make a huge mistake? :wondering

I have been wanting a old school Alexandra for a long time now. I finally pulled the trigger on one from Ebay. I assumed that because it had the gorgeous purple lining, that it was not an outlet bag. I started going through old threads and discovered that I did purchase a MFF bag. It is pebbled black leather. Do you guys think that it will be as nice as the full price Alexandra or did I just make a huge mistake? :wondering
FP is not always better. They did mke great mff bags.

I think you'll just have to wait and see what you think when it arrives. Some mff bags are very nice! Worst case scenario, you can always put it back on ebay if you don't like it.

My mother-in-law has a MFF bag with pebbled purple leather, and the leather is surprisingly heavy/thick/nice. (Which to me is a selling point.) Actually thicker and nicer than a lot of their FP leather. So I would definitely reserve judgment until you receive the bag, and then try to judge the leather on its own merits, *without* bias. :smile:

I hope you love it. Good luck.:smile:

One of my fave bags is my mff large Zoe, it's no less gorgeous than the FP one....in fact I think it's better because it has silver hardware and the FP had bronze :biggrin: I hope you love your bag and don't give a hoot about an F on the creed .

I have and love both Alexandras. While the FP is softer and has more details, the MFF is lighter in weight and the leather is much nicer than I expected it would be from the outlet :smile:

i hope you do like it when you get it!! i find that some mff are just as great as a fp bag....i felt like some of the leather on the mff bags were softer and so much better than some of my fp leather bags......but i do love em all...really depends on which bag it is.

Just wait and see if you like it. Sometimes the difference in quality between MFF bags boggles the mind. You never know what you will get. I think, from the description, it sounds lovely.